Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What do I do...c'mon guys give me some advice....PLEASE

What do I do...c'mon guys give me some advice....PLEASE

Old Feb 20th 2003, 10:23 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do I do...c'mon guys give me some advice....PLEASE

Hiya you lot,

Well I feel that I need a good old moan today...
I know that there are several nurses on this forum who applied well after me and they have got their visa's...SOB!!
I applied as most of you may know..20th July 2002.
Gleaned 5 extra points from hubby's skill to get the 115..cos were old gits!!
Got acknowledgememnt quickly ..then nothing...
In late October I phoned Adelaide and within a week I had a letter requesting more detalied reference, and from 80 to fill in. I forwarded the info plus police checks and copy of my nurse reg with WA but asked my case officer not to contact my employers because I didnt want them to know yet..I had a colleague do the reference..she hasnt been contacted either.
My case officer was on holiday for a month..from Xmas to end of January ..so I emailed him to ask if there was any problem with application..no reply..
I phoned Adelaide almost 2 weeks ago and didnt get passed first base..was asked to sit tight and wait. They had received all info requested.
Last night I had a brain wave and emailed my case officer again advising him that he could request verification form my employers. I added that I would like him to confirm if he was doing this and then I could inform them of my plans first..
No reply as yet to that email..
Im getting fed up now..gawd knows how you lot who have been waiting ages cope..7 months is a life time to me!!!!!

So...c'mon guys..what do I do.???..talk about 'fast tracking'..think not..Although the guy in Adelaide said that it could take up to 9 months...

HELP!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Finch is an unknown quantity at this point

Yvsie

I know this may not be any consolation, but in February's edition of Australian News, Grahame Igglesden of (Concept Australia -migration agents) writes (on page 24) that "he was able to confirm that nurses are treated as priority cases, with the aim of issuing visas within 4 months of the application being lodgedwith DIMIA"

He goes on to express the importantance of getting the Nursing and Midwifery council submit verification of nursing status directly to the ANC.

I guess you have done this?

In which case I can't understand why you haven't heard anything.

Concepts number is 01322 394999 although I have heard on this forum that he can be a touch abrasive and that people get more info by ringing their Manchester office on 0161 953 4101

I'm sure its nothing to worry about, but you should be hearing pretty soon.

Finch
Old Feb 20th 2003, 2:19 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I reckon the issue may have been you not being willing originally for them to contact your employers. They can do this anyway, of course, but it may have delayed things a tad. Now you've asked them to do exactly that, I guess it'll move things along a bit faster.

Good luck - Don
Old Feb 20th 2003, 7:54 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the words of consolation guys...i'll keep you informed!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Look Yvsie...

Mash...

Originally posted by yvsie
thanks for the words of consolation guys...i'll keep you informed!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 9:27 pm
Perth by 5th Sept 2003,,

keith8266 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time wasting

We have had loads of problems trying to get information on our application. We dumped our agent and went it alone, this way all information is directed to us, not a 3rd party. We reapplied our application in Dec 2002, and have today had our medicals.
We had to push i.e. telephone, e-mail constantly, i guess they were fed up with us and processed it within a month.
Work on the basis that you are the only one and need a lot of sympathy
Good luck
Old Feb 20th 2003, 9:37 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

right..will do...have had a bit of dutch courage tonight but not so much as to sound pi**d...so im gonna ask to speak to my case officer...hmmph...