What is the Cost of immigration

Old Oct 21st 2002, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

biran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the Cost of immigration

Hi All ,
A quick question ...

How much do I need to spend for immigrating to Australia and how much to NZ ...

Thanks
Biran
Old Oct 21st 2002, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is the Cost of immigration

Originally posted by biran:
Hi All ,
A quick question ...

How much do I need to spend for immigrating to Australia and how much to NZ ...

Thanks
Biran
Just depends on a few things

What visa you will be going on?
If you use a migration agent or not?
Do you need to get your skills assessed??
Where are you from?
Will somebody in OZ sponsor you?

A skilled independant visa application to Australia will cost A$1745. This does not include your skills assessment and medical(s). Skills could be in the area of A$300, and medical(s) A$200 per person.

Check out http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm should give you some idea of the APPLICATION costs only. Medical costs and skills assessment you will need to look into depending on the visa you go for.

Kieron
Old Oct 21st 2002, 6:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by shorrock:

Just depends on a few things

What visa you will be going on?
If you use a migration agent or not?
Do you need to get your skills assessed??
Where are you from?
Will somebody in OZ sponsor you?

A skilled independant visa application to Australia will cost A$1745. This does not include your skills assessment and medical(s). Skills could be in the area of A$300, and medical(s) A$200 per person.

Check out http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm should give you some idea of the APPLICATION costs only. Medical costs and skills assessment you will need to look into depending on the visa you go for.

Kieron
What a lot of dosh , you lads and lassies have far too much cash to throw about come to the land of plenty it will put a stop to this show of wealth.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

The biggest cost is probably the opportunity cost of not working whilst the move is on unless you are fortunate to be relocated by your company. Thereafter the cost of shipping your stuff (and yourselves). Relatively speaking, the visa and application costs are low vs the above.

DPR
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 1:04 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dpr21:
The biggest cost is probably the opportunity cost of not working whilst the move is on unless you are fortunate to be relocated by your company. Thereafter the cost of shipping your stuff (and yourselves). Relatively speaking, the visa and application costs are low vs the above.

DPR
I paid in total $200 for our Visa , but the cost of starting again and setting up home also finding a living wage set us back a couple of years in the land of plenty.
The worse thing we did was sell everything in UK and re buy out here , our own fault so called friends told us how cheap everything is in Australia , not the case a lot of what we did get here was more costly and standard of goods was poor.
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 2:45 pm
JPW
Forum Regular

JPW is an unknown quantity at this point

So if PB finds it so hard to get by - why does he spend all of his time on this, posting the same old comment 1000 times over? Perhaps he could save money on his internet call costs, ISP susbscription and indeed his PC by doing something constructive? or would that detract from his time spent wallowing in his own self pitty... just a thought.
Old Oct 24th 2002, 12:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by JPW:
So if PB finds it so hard to get by - why does he spend all of his time on this, posting the same old comment 1000 times over? Perhaps he could save money on his internet call costs, ISP susbscription and indeed his PC by doing something constructive? or would that detract from his time spent wallowing in his own self pitty... just a thought.
Self pity never pissing myself laughing at you deluded dreamers yes,same thing 1000 times over maybe it takes that to sink in with the well informed people on this forum?
The company pay internet fees god bless them, hard to get by I think looking at the clowns on their way I am doing far better them most of them will.
The company I work for have made it clear its far cheaper to do nothing than to spend cash doing something , seeing they lost $24 million last year I will do my best to help out by doing little as possible.