Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

What is considered the application date? (457 Visa)

What is considered the application date? (457 Visa)

Old Jul 6th 2017, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

extrobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is considered the application date? (457 Visa)

Sorry for what probably sounds like an obvious question, but when applying for a 457 visa, what is considered the point at which the application is made?

Is it the point the sponsoring employer begins the process of being an approved employer, when the role nomination is made, or when the final application is submitted?

My company / their agent are making the final submission this week, but haven't said anything about needing police checks, which I understand are now a mandatory requirement.

Is this something I should initiate anyway on the assumption they'll ask for it?
Old Jul 7th 2017, 5:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is considered the application date? (457 Visa)

Originally Posted by extrobe
Sorry for what probably sounds like an obvious question, but when applying for a 457 visa, what is considered the point at which the application is made?

Is it the point the sponsoring employer begins the process of being an approved employer, when the role nomination is made, or when the final application is submitted?

My company / their agent are making the final submission this week, but haven't said anything about needing police checks, which I understand are now a mandatory requirement.

Is this something I should initiate anyway on the assumption they'll ask for it?
The Visa application date is the date you put in your application.

The other dates are the Sponsorship Application date and Nomination date. If the company haven't been approved to sponsor yet then your application won't have gone in because you need their sponsorship/nomination details in order to actually apply for the 457.
And yes, since the changes on Juy 1st you will need police checks.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

extrobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is considered the application date? (457 Visa)

Thanks as always Pollyana - I've asked our HR contact to clarify this (and have begun gathering all the info I'll need for the checks regardless - I've lived in several countries, so is no small exercise!)