What after PR

Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

vr4indian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What after PR

Hi All

I have few questions and hope you guys wont mind to answer it.

1: Once we received letter from CO about visa grant, do we need to send passport to anywhere for visa stamping etc?

2: Do we need to pay any fees before moving to Australia

3: Can person travel to USA and work there if he has Australian PR?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:41 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What after PR

Originally Posted by vr4indian
Hi All

1: Once we received letter from CO about visa grant, do we need to send passport to anywhere for visa stamping etc? You don't have to - it's all electronic these days. You can if you want to though.

2: Do we need to pay any fees before moving to Australia Like what? Other than paying for your flight(s), I can't think of anything you'd need to pay if you've already been granted your visa(s).

3: Can person travel to USA and work there if he has Australian PR? No, not unless you have an appropriate visa to live & work in the US. It's a visa for Australia, not the US. I'm struggling to work out why you thought you might be able to do that on an Australian visa.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks
Answers in red.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

1. You don't have to but it is a good idea to get a visa label.
2. Not once you have the visa no, visa fees re paid before you get the visa.
3. If you have the relevant visa for USA then you can work there. Australian PR is irrelevant.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

1: Once we received letter from CO about visa grant, do we need to send passport to anywhere for visa stamping etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks
Not really sure of answer to Q.1 - I think most visa's are electronic, but you can apply to have visa sticker in passport if you want. I'm going to guess the information will be on the immi website. Pass on Q.2 as well - think if you have additional applicants without basic english there are some fees involved, but all the info will be on the website.

Finally, Q.3 - if you want to work in USA, why would you apply for Australian visa? And given they are completely different countries with own immigration rules and visas, why would you think Australian PR would give you the right to work in USA? If you want to travel to US, apply for US visa!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

1) if you want a label for passport contact your local High Commission, or DIAC office once in Australia

2) Not as far as Australia is concerned, you have already paid for your visa

3) an Australian visa only gives you the ability to enter Australia. To travel to the USA you need a US visa.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Nickita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
It is my first post in that forum and I think I'll like it very much!
I am impressed to see how supportive are you here!

This thread's timeline:
vr4indian asks 3 questions.
16min later he/she has 4 effective answers!
Congratulations mrsgreenstar76, Bermudashorts, old.sparkles and Pollyana!
Good luck!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Which visa are you applying for?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:01 am
Just Joined

I think its for me, Pollyana.
I am just starting and I am going to make my first step in Saturday - IELTS exam!
I have some visas in my mind but I'll think about it later on.
The most important for me is the fact that I love Australia already so there is no way back for me
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:59 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Nickita
I think its for me, Pollyana.
I am just starting and I am going to make my first step in Saturday - IELTS exam!
I have some visas in my mind but I'll think about it later on.
The most important for me is the fact that I love Australia already so there is no way back for me
Good luck
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Thanks!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:29 am
Just Joined

cyber_drac is an unknown quantity at this point

It is always advisable to get your visa stamp on passport. Just send an email to Aus. High Commission in your country and they will guide you.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:05 am
Just Joined

ruchkal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the information