what is 461 visa processing time

Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: what is 461 visa processing time

Originally Posted by knuffie1000
Hey,

I've handed in our documents about a month ago and haven't heard anything back a part from the fact that they received our documents.

I didn't include the medical nor the police check as the checklist clearly stated that we had to wait for their request to do this. (I did already call the doctor and she too told me to wait for it)

So for us it's taking a bit longer then the 3 weeks. We only got married 4 months ago, so we still had to fill out the relationship pro forma and proof that we are in a genuine and ongoing relationship.

Hope this might help you
hey have you made any progress?
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:05 am
Just Joined

knuffie1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, sorry to say that we haven't had any contact with them yet. I'm still waiting for them to tell me when I should start the medical...

I don't want to ring them just yet, but have to admit that we are hoping that something is going to happen soon. Just so we know that they are working on it...

You any luck?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:50 am
Just Joined

wibbly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys..
can some one confirm that I can apply for the 461 visa in australia by just being a de facto to a nz citizen? Pls say its so!!

Also I have had the same medical checks last year when I was granted my working holiday visa. Will that xray still be viable?
if not whats the best way of getting these medical checks? im currently in Victoria

Thanks for your help
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:15 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wibbly
Hi guys..
can some one confirm that I can apply for the 461 visa in australia by just being a de facto to a nz citizen? Pls say its so!!

Also I have had the same medical checks last year when I was granted my working holiday visa. Will that xray still be viable?
if not whats the best way of getting these medical checks? im currently in Victoria

Thanks for your help
Yes you can apply for a 461 by being de facto to an NZ citizen, provided you meet the De Fcato conditions which I believe is a provable relationship equivalent to marriage for over 1 year.

You need to check how long medicals are valid for. I can't remember, might be a year, might only be 3 months. I think the DIAC website has a section for approved doctors to do medicals in VIC.

Buzzy
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:19 am
Just Joined

thanks buzzy much appreciated
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Loose Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing I have found when applying for this visa, is that if you need to get police clearance from Australia, I would do it before applying. I am still waiting for ours to come back, so it is holding up getting the visa. Medicals didn't take long to sort, and because of the cost, I would probably wait until they are requested before getting them.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Hi!
Just one more question for you guys..

I have got alll the checks and application form rerady for the 461 but when it comes to my de facto's spiel about the relationship does he have to fill in the form 40sp like for the "eligable" De facto visa or is it just on normal paper and sent with all the pics etc? or any other form?
so confused.. too much paper..

Thanks,
Wib
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

jobie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loose Goose
One thing I have found when applying for this visa, is that if you need to get police clearance from Australia, I would do it before applying. I am still waiting for ours to come back, so it is holding up getting the visa. Medicals didn't take long to sort, and because of the cost, I would probably wait until they are requested before getting them.
Hi there, I am applying for the 461 and want to apply for my PC before, however the form 1101 asks for the visa proccessing office? Would that be where I am sending the application to? (uk) Also in the address section, do I only list addresses I lived in while in Australia (possibly a silly question).

From what I understand, it is only myself that requires the PC but I am going to request one for my partner just incase. This may show a couple of driving offences, do You think this would have any bearing on the outcome of my application? Any info would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Loose Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

Put the London processing office down if you are applying in the UK. Addresses, I think I put down all addresses for the last 10 years. Also, I only got the police check down for the person who is getting the visa, not the Kiwi sponser. It did probably take the 30 days they say for processing time. But as soon as I put all my police checks and medicals into the visa office, they must have issued the visa that very afternoon! Hope this helps!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:32 am
Just Joined

I've finally been asked to provide my medicals en pc. Got the medicals booked in for march 23rd.
Hope that it will go a bit faster from here on. We are going over to NZ with xmas to visit my husbands family and were hoping to validate the visa in Australia on the way there... So if it all goes well, I should have it by then. (took about 10 months before they asked me for my medicals )
Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:35 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: what is 461 visa processing time

We are going over to NZ with xmas to visit my husbands family and were hoping to validate the visa in Australia on the way there...
You don't validate a 461.

It starts from the time it is issued and lasts for 5 years. You can enter Australia whenever you like during those 5 years and you must leave by the end of those 5 years, or get a new visa.

Buzzy
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:35 am
Just Joined

So we don't have to go to Australia to get it stamped? I must have misunderstood then

Does it start from the date of the medicals or police checks or from the moment I've got it in my passport?

Is it different then other visa processes then?

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:32 am
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: what is 461 visa processing time

So we don't have to go to Australia to get it stamped? I must have misunderstood then

Does it start from the date of the medicals or police checks or from the moment I've got it in my passport?

Is it different then other visa processes then?

Thanks
It is different from permanent residency visas.

Remember it is a temporary residence visa. It starts on the date of visa grant (this will be on the visa) and expires 5 years from then.

You do not have to go to Australia to get it stamped, there is no stamping process.

I am rather concerned that you have got as far as to be granted your visa without realising any of this.

Buzzy
Old Mar 9th 2009, 11:27 am
Just Joined

I am aware that it's a temporary visa and we are already looking into getting a permanent one, but I coudn't find much info about this one or anyone who has got experiance with it.

Processes and timing seem to be a lot different in the UK as to here on the mainland. I'd read here that a 461 only takes a couple of weeks while I've been on it for nearly a year. Seemed to take for ever before I got a CO.

I actually assumed that most processes would be similar (when it would start from, etc) as permanent onces Feel a bit stupid now...
Old Apr 8th 2009, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Got an email last week saying that my application has been assigned to another CO and 1 day later I already got an email from him to confirm his email address to me. Nice of him.

And then today I got an other email from my CO asking for more documents and confirming to me that he did receive my medicals. So he seems to be working on my file, seeing as he was very specific in what he was asking me.

But at the end of the whole mail was stated:
"Further Information

Please note that medical examinations and police good conduct certificates are valid for twelve months.

This means that should your application be successful you will be required to enter Australia within one year of doing your medicals or the expiry of your police good conduct certificates (whichever is earliest) in order to activate your migration visa. "

Which then comes back to the discussion from before... So he is now saying that I do have to enter Australia before my medicals expire... I'm really confused now. I don't think it's a general mail he sent me, as all the documents he was asking for were really specific to my application and he referred to what I had already sent...

Strange...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.