Wikiposts

Were getting Married

Old Dec 28th 2004, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

going4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura about
Default Were getting Married

Great news, after 6 years together Andy and I are getting married, that is one relief but another worry.

We are planning to get married on the 4th June and Migrate at the end of June. However, I am worried about sorting out my visa with my new name. Andy also has a De Facto Visa.

I am told that it is not a problem with the visas, but would like some information on how it is going to work? Do I have to send my visa back in for updating if so how long, does Andy have to get his visa updated to?

Any advice is most welcome, at least to get one worry off of my mind and allow me to concerntrate on the wedding:-)

BTW, I have skilled visa.

Thanks,

Jayne
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:38 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Were getting Married

Originally Posted by going4it
Great news, after 6 years together Andy and I are getting married, that is one relief but another worry.

We are planning to get married on the 4th June and Migrate at the end of June. However, I am worried about sorting out my visa with my new name. Andy also has a De Facto Visa.

I am told that it is not a problem with the visas, but would like some information on how it is going to work? Do I have to send my visa back in for updating if so how long, does Andy have to get his visa updated to?

Any advice is most welcome, at least to get one worry off of my mind and allow me to concerntrate on the wedding:-)

Thanks,

Jayne
Hi Jayne

Sorry I cant answer your question about your visa but just wanted to wish you and Andy all the best for when you get hitched. We have been married for 13 years in May and it just gets better.

Enjoy it and have many celebrations
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

going4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura aboutgoing4it has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Jayne

Sorry I cant answer your question about your visa but just wanted to wish you and Andy all the best for when you get hitched. We have been married for 13 years in May and it just gets better.

Enjoy it and have many celebrations
Thank You Very Much. I am so looking forward to as I say "A New Life a New Wife"
Old Dec 28th 2004, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

fattyandgyps is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

Jayne
You can use your visa with your old name, just keep your marriage certificate to show the change of name
Old Dec 28th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fattyandgyps
You can use your visa with your old name, just keep your marriage certificate to show the change of name
Thank you for this information.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 7:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Jayne

When you say you have a 'skilled visa' and he has a 'de facto' visa, what exactly do you mean?

Jeremy
Old Dec 29th 2004, 2:06 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
When you say you have a 'skilled visa' and he has a 'de facto' visa, what exactly do you mean?
Jeremy

I think the OP was the main applicant for her skilled visa with her de-facto partner as the secondary applicant.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
I have a PR visa obtained by going through the skilled Migration route and Andy has got a 'De Facto' PR Visa, which was done as part of my application. I know sub clause 136 comes into it somewhere, but I forget now.

Regards

Jayne
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:42 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I have a PR visa obtained by going through the skilled Migration route and Andy has got a 'De Facto' PR Visa, which was done as part of my application. I know sub clause 136 comes into it somewhere, but I forget now.
Jayne

You must mean that Andy was included in your application for a 136 visa as your de-facto partner. Andy doesn't have a "de-facto PR visa" - which is a spouse visa which is unrelated (in a sense) to skilled visas.

Peter
Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Jayne

You must mean that Andy was included in your application for a 136 visa as your de-facto partner. Andy doesn't have a "de-facto PR visa" - which is a spouse visa which is unrelated (in a sense) to skilled visas.

Peter
In that case getting married won't have any impact (as you applied for migration as a couple). The validity of the visa is not affected by things like a change of name, but clearly if you are going to be travelling on a passport in your married name then it makes sense to have a visa evidenced under that name.

Otherwise you risk all kinds of hassle/delay when travelling to Australia, especially at check-in.

Jeremy