Wikiposts

went from 175 hunting to 457

Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough
Default went from 175 hunting to 457

Hi everyone...So we finally got our visa 457 granted.

Whether we will go for PR or not, time will show, for now our plans are to return to Denmark in 3-4 years, and untill then have the adventure of our life in Oz.
I want to thank everyone in here, and especially the British for letting us non-brits ask our questions in here. Cheers. As a Dane I gotta say, that we sort of have the same dark, black humour as Brits, which have made especially "The barbie" fun to follow.

In the process of going to Oz, which we started to pursue 2 yrs. ago, we were around a 175, a 176 and landed on a 457, as my OH out of no where were offered a job in Brisbane.

In the whole process I changed my status in here, because I got all paranoid, thinking that DIAC officers were hunting down people in here, ridiculous!?! I have nothing to hide, but the whole process made me act in mysterious ways, believing that the smallest of things would kill our chances for our visa.

So, now I guess I can change my status back from being from Holland, to actually being the Dane that I (proudly) am

We are not going to Oz before February, but I will sure write an update telling how things are going in Brisbane. I am worried about how my children will cope, going to school the first day not speaking even one word of English. We will start teaching them a bit at home - as language is essential for getting properly integrated....For now, cheers
Old Nov 24th 2011, 9:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: went from 175 hunting to 457

Originally Posted by Astrid
Hi everyone...So we finally got our visa 457 granted.

Whether we will go for PR or not, time will show, for now our plans are to return to Denmark in 3-4 years, and untill then have the adventure of our life in Oz.
I want to thank everyone in here, and especially the British for letting us non-brits ask our questions in here. Cheers. As a Dane I gotta say, that we sort of have the same dark, black humour as Brits, which have made especially "The barbie" fun to follow.

In the process of going to Oz, which we started to pursue 2 yrs. ago, we were around a 175, a 176 and landed on a 457, as my OH out of no where were offered a job in Brisbane.

In the whole process I changed my status in here, because I got all paranoid, thinking that DIAC officers were hunting down people in here, ridiculous!?! I have nothing to hide, but the whole process made me act in mysterious ways, believing that the smallest of things would kill our chances for our visa.

So, now I guess I can change my status back from being from Holland, to actually being the Dane that I (proudly) am

We are not going to Oz before February, but I will sure write an update telling how things are going in Brisbane. I am worried about how my children will cope, going to school the first day not speaking even one word of English. We will start teaching them a bit at home - as language is essential for getting properly integrated....For now, cheers
Oi!
Are you descended from one of those that raped and pillaged my homeland?
Be careful how you answer.....I have a long memory.

Congratulations on getting the visa.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Astrid will become famous soon enough
Default Re: went from 175 hunting to 457

Originally Posted by Bix
Oi!
Are you descended from one of those that raped and pillaged my homeland?
Be careful how you answer.....I have a long memory.

Congratulations on getting the visa.
Yes! I'm one of those These days we're so bloody small, so the world got their revenge cheers