Wikiposts

Well done Malaysia Airlines!

Old Aug 7th 2002, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Well done Malaysia Airlines!

OK so the saga continued.. being ignored which was becoming tiresome and boring but ended today in a good result.

Spoke to Mrs Shakun Heard (020 7341 2000) who is the Malasian Ticketing Manager. She listened to the sordid story and told me she would call me back. Needless to say she did not, but then to be honest, I was not sure if Malaysian was geared up for Customer Service.

I called her back this morning and she asked me to fax through the copy of mine and my sons visa, which I duly did. This was to make sure that the visa we had was one that would entitle us to the excess allowance.

OK so we found out it was the right one, so we were on to a winner. She called Quest Travel and between them, they were able to sort out the following:-

Mine and my sons tickets were to be changed to one way tickets, which with our visa entitled us to our 40k's luggage each WOO HOO result! But what made it that much better is that Malaysian were not going to penalise Quest for changing our tickets which means I am getting a £556 put back on to my card (but it takes up to 12 weeks grrrrrrr) YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY So not only did I get the extra allowance, I also got money back I would have seen as I was going to cancel my return ticket anyways WOO HOO!

Thank you for listening to my drivvel!

Had someone told me how difficult this all would have been, I would have seriously considered stealing a loaf of bread instead

OK whinge over,,, yet another battle fought and won. Thank you for the advise Susan and Fez

Yvonne
Old Aug 7th 2002, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant Yvonne! always go to the top and act wounded it never fails
Susan
Old Aug 7th 2002, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

HAHAHAHA wounded? She woulda been wounded had I not got my luggage allowance.. if all else fails, poke em in the eye is what I say. Does it show that I am a mother? HAHAHAHAH

Yvonne
Old Aug 7th 2002, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point

im really pleased for you but i havent had such good luck!
My situation has now changed and although I had a ticket for October for a one month trip, I am now going on that ticket and not returning.(Myself and Hubby)
As its a return ticket Malaysian will not give me extra allowance, all they have conceded to is 5kg extra and they say everyone gets it, and its only a verbal thing, of course my ticket says 20kg and so there is always a chance we may be charged extra.
I spoke to the Ticketing Manager, she was an awful woman and refused to entertain me when i briefly explained my problem, when i said well can i just have the 5kg extra, accused me of trying to trick her... uh???
I'm spitting feathers at her terrible attitude problem.
Old Aug 8th 2002, 8:39 pm
Ian Guy

Default Re: Well done Malaysia Airlines!

Jasmin, our ticket had 20kg printed on it (We had 102kg for 2 adults, 2 kids and an
infant with no allowance) When we checked in we were told we were allowed 32kg each -
certainly does not say that on the Malaysia Airlines website. Have to also say they
were fantastic and I won't be using anyone else.

"jasmin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > im really pleased for you but i havent had such good luck! My situation has now
    > changed and although I had a ticket for October for a one month trip, I am now
    > going on that ticket and not returning.(Myself and Hubby) As its a return ticket
    > Malaysian will not give me extra allowance, all they have conceded to is 5kg extra
    > and they say everyone gets it, and its only a verbal thing, of course my ticket
    > says 20kg and so there is always a chance we may be charged extra. I spoke to the
    > Ticketing Manager, she was an awful woman and refused to entertain me when i
    > briefly explained my problem, when i said well can i just have the 5kg extra,
    > accused me of trying to trick her... uh??? I'm spitting feathers at her terrible
    > attitude problem.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 9th 2002, 5:16 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Did any of you see GMTV this morning where siamese twins were given seats either side of the aisle.No joke,they even argued with the twins parents on board.
Well done Malaysian Airlines-my shaved arse!
Old Aug 9th 2002, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

OK I was being specific not general

I cannot believe that they did that though even arguing with the parents, was the proof not in the seeing? I did not see the program so I cant comment really, but that does not mean I disbelieve what you have said, stranger things have happened.

Yvonne
Old Aug 10th 2002, 2:41 pm
Ian Guy

Default Re: Well done Malaysia Airlines!

Well they reseated about four families (at the gate) so we could be together as a
family, so I would suggest they would do the same. At least they didn't smash my
laptop (like QF did, despite it being in the centre of a suitcase marked fragile!!)

"ywoods" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > OK I was being specific not general
    > I cannot believe that they did that though even arguing with the parents, was the
    > proof not in the seeing? I did not see the program so I cant comment really, but
    > that does not mean I disbelieve what you have said, stranger things have happened.
    > Yvonne
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com