Wikiposts

Welder stuffed by TRA changes

Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Vuldon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Welder stuffed by TRA changes

Hi, I'm 36 years old, I have 20 years experience welding with Stick, Mig and Tig and I did an informal time served apprenticeship with the same company. With the changes in the TRA removing pathway D :curse: I'm now left with no way forward with my application for Oz. Vetassess dont look at welding with it being a 60 point occupation.

Anyone have any ideas what my options might be at this point?
Can I be sponsored as a welded without formal qualifications?
Ideally would like to go to Brisbane but dont know if its possible now

Regards
Vuldon

Last edited by Vuldon; Sep 17th 2007 at 3:26 am.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Welder stuffed by TRA changes

Originally Posted by Vuldon
Hi, I'm 36 years old, I have 20 years experience welding with Stick, Mig and Tig and I did an informal time served apprenticeship with the same company. With the changes in the TRA removing pathway D :curse: I'm now left with no way forward with my application for Oz. Vetassess dont look at welding with it being a 60 point occupation.

Regards
Vuldon

just sit tight they may change it within a couple of months
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

nell71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards
Vuldon
hi know how you feel exact same boat tra returned saturday thought we might of squeezed through but what can you do! we were hoping to head for melbourne but im sure something will turn up good luck!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind working in 'rural' Australia then you could be sponsored on a RSMS visa.
Good luck
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:07 am
Just Joined

dont you still need a TRA pass to get a RSMS visa?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont you still need a TRA pass to get a RSMS visa?
Hi Vuldon,

Yes, you do still need a positive skills assessment for an RSMS visa.

You said you have an informal apprenticeship - did you do any college training? If you can show 900 hours, you could get through the TRA through route B.

All is not lost, there may be several options still for candidates without "formal" training.

Kathryn Bruinsma
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

no college, it was all on the job training
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

According to everything I have read you don't need the TRA assessment to get in through the RSMS route (and I read a lot as it looked like this was the route I would be taking). You don't even have to have one of the jobs on the 'wanted' list. You have to have qualifications equivalent to a diploma although a full trade apprenticeship will also do. There is no work requirement. Not sure how you would prove an apprenticeship if there was no college part though.
You have to send your qualifications to the regional office in the area you are planning to work and THEY assess them.

You could go other on a student visa if you had the time and wanted it enough.
Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, you don't need a skills assessment classification for a visa application under the RSMS - though having one can help oil the wheels of the application process.

Best regards.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:20 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

PS. To the OP: please feel able to email me your CV of you would like me to comment further - alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com