Wikiposts

Welder on 457 Visa - Lost Sponsorship :(

Old Sep 7th 2014, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

nicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to allnicrock is a name known to all
Unhappy Welder on 457 Visa - Lost Sponsorship :(

Hi All,

My partner and I have been sponsored on the 457 visa just over 2 years with the same employer on the Gold Coast. We were about to apply for permanent residency via the transition stream. Last week my partner got laid off due to lack of work in the company.

We have just begun the process of looking into the skilled permanent residency visa.

In the meantime we are desperately looking for someone to take over our current 457 visa so he can continue welding whilst we apply independently for residency. Finding an employer his just seems hopeless at the moment.

He is not allowed to work for another employer until the visa is taken over, so financially we are already in crisis.

Does anyone know of any companies looking for welders in QLD who may consider taking over our 457? I can’t contemplate the thought of having to back to England and start all over again. This is the second time losing a 457 visa has happened to us and we were so close to starting our residency process.

Any help/Contacts would be so greatly appreciated
Old Sep 7th 2014, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welder on 457 Visa - Lost Sponsorship :(

Sorry to hear that and not got any contacts but, if push comes to shove, and you do have to move on, be sure that they pay your fares! Good luck with your hunt.