We have got the visa!

Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:52 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have got the visa!

Originally Posted by Giga21
PP you made it….congrats to both of you ….also getting your visa on a holiday.. how nice.

Good luck with your preparations and keep us posted…

Cheers,

Giga 21
I was reading our grant letter last night and noticed that the entry date is wrong. It says we have to be in Australia by 20th June 2006

I wonder if I sent our passports off, would they actually put this date in our visa or would they pick up on the mistake?

I shall wait for George to get back to me, as I emailed him to point it out.

Do I need to send the grant letter with our passports or any other documents?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I was reading our grant letter last night and noticed that the entry date is wrong. It says we have to be in Australia by 20th June 2006

I wonder if I sent our passports off, would they actually put this date in our visa or would they pick up on the mistake?

If its going to happen its going to happen to you hey?
Welcome back - cant wait for pics of your trip xxx
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:38 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

cant you manage time travel?!

you need the grant letter and passports plus we added a note saying what we were sending and why (and you include a return special delivery envelope with the correct postage for them to send back your passpoprts)
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:28 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
cant you manage time travel?!

you need the grant letter and passports plus we added a note saying what we were sending and why (and you include a return special delivery envelope with the correct postage for them to send back your passpoprts)
Can you just go to the embassy?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

KatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations ! It is about time they approved the visa , you really deserve it ! Well done, enjoy Namibia and keep celebrating :-)

Cheers

Katie
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:05 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We had an information sheet with our visa grant letter. it said:

"You MUST:
· enclose a copy of your visa grant letter;

· provide your telephone and email details in
case we need to tell you if there will be a
delay in returning your evidence;

· provide a prepaid Special Delivery selfaddressed
envelope (SAE) for the return of
your passport ; and

· advise us if you (or anyone else included in
your application) have another unfinalised
visa application lodged with any DIMIA office.
If you do, then please confirm in writing that
you wish to withdraw that visa application."

Enjoy!

Gina
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
If its going to happen its going to happen to you hey?
Welcome back - cant wait for pics of your trip xxx
Im awaiting Agent 007 The Lombard to get back to me with the correct one.

Ive got about 300 pics to sift through, a DVD to make, a photo CD and 3 hours of tape footage to sort.

And after the space of Africa, my God does living in London feel like a cage with no colour.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You still coming to WA Sam? We'll have to get together for a cup of coffee or glass of wine when you guys arrive.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You still coming to WA Sam? We'll have to get together for a cup of coffee or glass of wine when you guys arrive.
Yep, WA it is!

I still wont believe it until we get our passports back. I just hope our CO is quick to send out the correct entry date.

And I have a juicy fat Namibian visa in my passport, as well as one from Thailand, 2 from Japan, some from Australia, one from Canada - quite a collection.

The Aussie one is the biggest I do believe!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Massive congratulations to you both

Well done X
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:10 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats PP and Mr PP, have been following your stories (and your wait for a visa) for awhile now and I must say, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU, welcome to Perth!!!!
Tez
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by teza
Congrats PP and Mr PP, have been following your stories (and your wait for a visa) for awhile now and I must say, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU, welcome to Perth!!!!
Tez
Cheers guys

It wont sink in till we send the passports off and we cant do that till we get the correct grant letter (date wrong).

I feel so tired all of a sudden I cant think straight. Goodness knows how I will manage at work tomorrow.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Only just seen this....

Congratulations....
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Big CONGRATUALATIONS to you both , well done i'm soooooo pleased for you both
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

starxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the roughstarxpress is a jewel in the rough

Can't think of another better 'got it' title so I shall stick with the basics.

George has been trying to get hold of us since yesterday and with my mobile not working, cant access email (bloody virgin) and being in Etosha National Park for 3 days, suffice to say it was pretty impossible

Got back from Etosha yesterday to find a message from The Lombard along the lines of 'I have never told anyone they have their visa in Namibia before!' (not exact words)

We bought a Namibian simm card for the phone and I phoned him at 5am this morning just in case I was hallucinating (bloody malaria tablets), and it is true, our visa was granted yesterday.

Thanks Polly for passing the message on And thank god for BE because it is the only communication I can get here.

After 18 months of waiting, I had that initial 'OMG what do I do now? What have I done?' that kind of thing and the wost is 'how shall I tell my family (Dad especially) but Ive sort of calmed down and we are going to go Cheetah feeding today which will take my mind off it.

We have both been really ill (and i mean really ill) with our malaria tablets and have had to stop them. Luckily we havent been bitten (loads and loads of DEET)

So I am sure I will be jumping around when Im better! but at the moment, if I smell anything remotely fatty then I am sick so the jumping with excitement can wait.

I had to tell everyone on here as I have dreamt of having my own 'got it post' for so long and now I have it.

You were right George, a visa granted in Namibia - it doesnt get much better.

Im going now as I think I am about to throw up (again) and Ive got a date with some more leopards and cheetah later.

Thanks to everyone who has supported us through this, the messages/emails and phone calls (gobbyjock and sorchar).

And thanks to Alan Collett for his initial help, Glenn Newton for the TRA bit and most of all - Agent 007 The Lombard (Georgie babes)

See you later - loads of pics to post and an embarrassing tale of getting drunk in Etosha and seeing rather more Rhino than was actually there.

Bloody hell, trust us to be the only people to get side effects from Malarone!

Cheers guys!
this is wonderful!!!! I'm seriously glad for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.