Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

We Got It, We Got It, We Actually Got It!!!

We Got It, We Got It, We Actually Got It!!!

Old Nov 6th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: We Got It, We Got It, We Actually Got It!!!

Thanks everyone, your good wishes mean a lot to us.

Haven't done a lot of celebrating to be honest. Iain has been working all week-end, so I have been trying to get the little bits of decorating finished so we can get the house up for sale.

Never mind, we can celebrate to our hearts content when we get to Perth!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

[well done and congrats
hope all your dreams come true
hugs Lace x
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:17 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

well done! great news best wishes to you and your family.
good luck
vb2

Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
Thanks everyone, your good wishes mean a lot to us.

Haven't done a lot of celebrating to be honest. Iain has been working all week-end, so I have been trying to get the little bits of decorating finished so we can get the house up for sale.

Never mind, we can celebrate to our hearts content when we get to Perth!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:32 am
Banned

esku has a spectacular aura aboutesku has a spectacular aura aboutesku has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations!!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:43 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Ahh thanks everyone.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:24 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

I saw your thread again & had to say congrats again!
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I saw your thread again & had to say congrats again!
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous!
I'm sure it won't be too long for you now.

I can't wait to see your 'got it'!!!!!! You derserve it.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you we got our visa grant yesterday!!!!!!!! Can't actually believe, I think I am in shock. Didn't get a chance to get on here last night and today I have been busy getting the passports sent off to London, so it must be real!!!!

Just to fill in the gaps as I don't post on here very often, but am an avid reader of all the posts. After sending in the meds unrequested in July we didn't hear anything until we had an e-mail on 11th Oct saying we had a CO etc. In that e-mail the CO also told us that it looked unlikely that we would be given the 10 points for specific work experience as DIMIA would not recognise some of my work experience as being at 'skill level', so that left us short of points for the 136 MODL application we had sent in. Panic was about to set in as you can imagine. He said we could either apply again in December this year as then I would have enough SWE or we could switch to a 137 STNI application, as it is in the same subclass. We wanted to settle in Perth anyway so he suggested we contact the WA STNI people and see if we could secure a nomination. He very kindly gave me the web site and e-mail address. I fould out what I had to do and faxed my application to WA on 18th October. I received a letter on the 24th october saying we had been given a nomination. Relieve or what!!!! In the mean time I had sent the other things the CO had asked for which were the 1022 form and a form 47A for my daughter as she had turned 18 since we applied in June. They arrived at ASPC last Thursday, and we got our e-mail yesterday saying we had been granted our visa's!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone on here who has given us advice and encouragement along the way, especially during the the TRA nightmare.

Good luck to all those waiting, your time will come, and does anyone know someone who would like to buy our house..............

You had a bit of a sweat on then!

Well done you Guy's and have a cracking relocation, best of luck with your new life xxxxx

Vics xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you we got our visa grant yesterday!!!!!!!! Can't actually believe, I think I am in shock. Didn't get a chance to get on here last night and today I have been busy getting the passports sent off to London, so it must be real!!!!

Just to fill in the gaps as I don't post on here very often, but am an avid reader of all the posts. After sending in the meds unrequested in July we didn't hear anything until we had an e-mail on 11th Oct saying we had a CO etc. In that e-mail the CO also told us that it looked unlikely that we would be given the 10 points for specific work experience as DIMIA would not recognise some of my work experience as being at 'skill level', so that left us short of points for the 136 MODL application we had sent in. Panic was about to set in as you can imagine. He said we could either apply again in December this year as then I would have enough SWE or we could switch to a 137 STNI application, as it is in the same subclass. We wanted to settle in Perth anyway so he suggested we contact the WA STNI people and see if we could secure a nomination. He very kindly gave me the web site and e-mail address. I fould out what I had to do and faxed my application to WA on 18th October. I received a letter on the 24th october saying we had been given a nomination. Relieve or what!!!! In the mean time I had sent the other things the CO had asked for which were the 1022 form and a form 47A for my daughter as she had turned 18 since we applied in June. They arrived at ASPC last Thursday, and we got our e-mail yesterday saying we had been granted our visa's!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone on here who has given us advice and encouragement along the way, especially during the the TRA nightmare.

Good luck to all those waiting, your time will come, and does anyone know someone who would like to buy our house..............
Congratulations!
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Paul and Iain! Have a great life down under =)