Wikiposts

We Got It!

Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:10 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all
Default We Got It!

Hi There,

After all my moaning about region 4, migration agents, CO's, and just about everything else to do with migration, we got our permanant residency (skilled independant) visa today.

At first, on looking at the email, i thought it was a request for further information (nightmare,) but then i realized it was our grant letter - what a relief! We just have to send our passports to the UK now to get the visas put in, and then we have to enter Oz by 11th November 2006, to validate our permanant residency. This is not a problem as we are holidaying there in June.

For a timeline, our application was acknowledged around the 20th September 2005 (about four weeks after having sent it.) we then got the request for medicals and police checks in mid January 2006. We completed the medicals within a fortnight, to recieve another request from the LCU shortly thereafter saying our useless panel doctor had not completed Hep B and Hep C tests (a requirment because my partner is a health worker.) We got these completed, at great expense, and the LCU recieved the results on the 3rd March. We then got our grant letter today, being the 11th April 2006.

So all in all it took around six months in total from start to finish, my partner (who is the primary applicant on our application,) is a nurse, so alledgedly we were supposed to being "fast tracked." I think if it had not been for the cock up with our meds, we may have got the grant letter in around five months. I am confident if we had pre-loaded our meds and police checks, we could have had the grant letter in around four months.

With the benefit of heinsight, if i could have done it all again i would have applied earlier, so there was less pressure time wise. I would have also pre-loaded our meds and police checks. I think we would have recieved our grant letter around the time when we recieved our request for meds letter, if we had pre-loaded, saving us around two months.

For those who have had meds, and are waiting for their grant letter, it may be of interest that we contacted our migration lawyer last week asking them to contact DIMIA to see what is going on with our application, in an attempt to "prompt" DIMIA into action. I also stated we were concerned that something may have gone wrong with our meds. I don't think it is a co-incidence that we recieved our grant letter today, after our migration agent got in touch with them. I suspect if we had not instructed our agent to get in touch with them, we would still be waiting (i don't know for a fact, but this is my "hunch.") I imagine they must have a pile of applications at the final stage, and by getting in touch with them it draws their attention to your application, and then hopefully it will get the "rubber stamp." Also the case officer who sent us the grant letter was a different case officer to the one who sent us the request for medicals letter, don't know how this may (or may not,) have affected the speed of our application.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the advice and support, this forum is a great facility for all people going through what can be quite a frustrating, difficult process.

See you on the Sunshine Coast!

Cheers - Bob
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:15 am
kch
Forum Regular

kch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of lightkch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We Got It!

Originally Posted by R.Soper
Hi There,

After all my moaning about region 4, migration agents, CO's, and just about everything else to do with migration, we got our permanant residency (skilled independant) visa today.

At first, on looking at the email, i thought it was a request for further information (nightmare,) but then i realized it was our grant letter - what a relief! We just have to send our passports to the UK now to get the visas put in, and then we have to enter Oz by 11th November 2006, to validate our permanant residency. This is not a problem as we are holidaying there in June.

For a timeline, our application was acknowledged around the 20th September 2005 (about four weeks after having sent it.) we then got the request for medicals and police checks in mid January 2006. We completed the medicals within a fortnight, to recieve another request from the LCU shortly thereafter saying our useless panel doctor had not completed Hep B and Hep C tests (a requirment because my partner is a health worker.) We got these completed, at great expense, and the LCU recieved the results on the 3rd March. We then got our grant letter today, being the 11th April 2006.

So all in all it took around six months in total from start to finish, my partner (who is the primary applicant on our application,) is a nurse, so alledgedly we were supposed to being "fast tracked." I think if it had not been for the cock up with our meds, we may have got the grant letter in around five months. I am confident if we had pre-loaded our meds and police checks, we could have had the grant letter in around four months.

With the benefit of heinsight, if i could have done it all again i would have applied earlier, so there was less pressure time wise. I would have also pre-loaded our meds and police checks. I think we would have recieved our grant letter around the time when we recieved our request for meds letter, if we had pre-loaded, saving us around two months.

For those who have had meds, and are waiting for their grant letter, it may be of interest that we contacted our migration lawyer last week asking them to contact DIMIA to see what is going on with our application, in an attempt to "prompt" DIMIA into action. I also stated we were concerned that something may have gone wrong with our meds. I don't think it is a co-incidence that we recieved our grant letter today, after our migration agent got in touch with them. I suspect if we had not instructed our agent to get in touch with them, we would still be waiting (i don't know for a fact, but this is my "hunch.") I imagine they must have a pile of applications at the final stage, and by getting in touch with them it draws their attention to your application, and then hopefully it will get the "rubber stamp." Also the case officer who sent us the grant letter was a different case officer to the one who sent us the request for medicals letter, don't know how this may (or may not,) have affected the speed of our application.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the advice and support, this forum is a great facility for all people going through what can be quite a frustrating, difficult process.

Cheers - Bob

WooHooHooHoo!! fantastic news and well done! Best of luck with the big move!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!
Congratulations.

Georgina
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.

It's a great feeling isn't it
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:21 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

wheyhey bob, great news.
celebrations this evening, or is the missus working?

enjoy it
xx
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:31 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Bob

Lou
xx
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:33 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Fab news, well done!!! Maybe region 4 has pulled it's socks up of late!!!!

Shirley x
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:41 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your new life down under!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

MartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to allMartUK is a name known to all

Congrats, great news.

Mart
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: We Got It!

Originally Posted by MartUK
Congrats, great news.

Mart
Brilliant news.....could you possibly PM me your case officers name...we are region 4 and I'm now paranoid we have the same CO ?

Regards

Matt
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Cheers - Bob
Congrats and best of luck
Ali
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:53 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Cheers - Bob

Excellent news! enjoy the celebrating!!!

jackie x
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

well done and congrats hugs gee x
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Congrats!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you. Lynne xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.