!!!We Got It !!!!

Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:05 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: !!!We Got It !!!!

Originally Posted by Roch
Hi All,

We received an email today from our Case Officer and it says "granted".

Thankyou everyone for your advice during the long wait

Am I correct in saying the final steps are to hand over our passports to the Australian High Commission in my home country to have our visas evidenced? We will need to fly back, as we are currently in Oz. Does anyone have any advice in this area?

Thx,
CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

well done
have a fab life
hugs Lace x
Old Oct 11th 2005, 3:00 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

so many got it's in one day!!!

Congratulations!!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Roch is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: !!!We Got It !!!!

Originally Posted by welshtony
sorry to interupt the backslapping but .....

The short answer is NO - you can go and get your visa evidenced in any countyry as long as the third country will allow you entry for at least 7 working days for this purpose.

the long answer is .......

Do DIMIA know you are in Australia ? - depending on what type of visa you are on, the visa may have been granted in error as you normally require to be outside of Australia when the visa is granted.

If it is a visa that can be granted while you are in Australia, then it is granted and you do not need to leave Australia but approach any DIMIA office inside Australia to get the visa physically put into your passport.

If your visa has been granted in error, DIMIA may decide to cancel it with your consent as an administrative error or they may leave it stand.

Normally what happens for off-shore applications wher the applicants are in Australia, a pregrant letter is sent advising that the visa can not be approved until you are outside Australia - you then need to leave Australia FOR ANY COUNTRY where there is an Australian mission, for 7 working days. Advise DIMIA where you wish to go and get it evidenced. When you ahve departed, DIMIA will approve your visa and send details to the post you have nominated.

Regards

Tony
U're correct. I spoke to my CO. I have been issued a Pre-Grant letter, So all tht remains is for me to depart aussi and get the visa evidenced in my home country. I had already informed of my change of address so there seems to be no problems.

Regards,