Wikiposts

Washington Office......

Old Jan 16th 2002, 12:50 am
Steveg

Has anyone out there heard any current information from the Washington D.C. Embassy?
In November I heard Washington, London, Rome, and Berlin were all NOT granting visas,
saying they had reached there quota. Now I see London is granting visas again, (it
appears to be around mid-December). Has anyone received a visa or any type of status
notification from the Washington office lately?

Steve

Old Jan 16th 2002, 10:55 am
David Pratt

Steve,

How did you manage to hear that Washington had stopped issuing visas in November?

I sent in my medical forms and police checks on September 11th (of all days), and I
haven't heard a peep from them since them. And I am not a hallowed IT person.

the waiting is starting to get to me a little.

Thanks, David

SteveG wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 16th 2002, 11:57 am
Steveg

We lodged our application at the Washington Embassy on May 16th, 2001. We included
all our medicals, x-rays, and police checks with the application. On June 7 we
received our file number. A couple months later they asked for another minor form,
then on November 27 they informed (by fax) our agent in Sydney:

File: 20016xxx

Re: Steven

As per phone call of 26/11/01, I wish to confirm that all requirements have been met
to this stage. Unfortunately as per letter of 21/11/01, this does not guarantee issue
of visa in the near future.

Our agent said that the reason for non-issuance of the visa was that they had
'reached their quota' for visas to be allotted for the financial year, which is from
July to June.

I also read on this news group, in numerous various posts that London, Berlin, and
Rome also ran out of their yearly quota. But, now I have seen at least four post
since January 1st, that people have received their visas from the London embassy. I
was wondering if Washington was also issuing visas now.

Our agent has recommended re-lodging our application in Adelaide, but that would
entail all new medicals/passport photos/police checks, 47sk, you get the picture. He
has been trying to contact the PMO in Washington to see if our application could
simply be transferred but can't get anything but recorded messages and no return
phone calls.

If anyone hears of anything, please leave a post.

Wishing the best of luck to all of you,

Steve and Stacey

>
    >
    >
November?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Has anyone out there heard any current information from the Washington[/usenetquote2]
D.C.
[usenetquote2]> > Embassy? In November I heard Washington, London, Rome, and Berlin were[/usenetquote2]
all
[usenetquote2]> > NOT granting visas, saying they had reached there quota. Now I see[/usenetquote2]
London
[usenetquote2]> > is granting visas again, (it appears to be around mid-December). Has[/usenetquote2]
anyone
[usenetquote2]> > received a visa or any type of status notification from the Washington office[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > lately?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Steve[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 17th 2002, 4:25 pm
George Lombard

Hi Steve,

We have had recent correspondence from both Berlin and Washington tending to suggest
that the dire fears of no processing in either place until July have been overstated.
That being said, there is still a need for patience.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

SteveG wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
for
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> Steve,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> How did you manage to hear that Washington had stopped issuing visas in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> I sent in my medical forms and police checks on September 11th (of all days), and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> I haven't heard a peep from them since them. And I am not a hallowed IT person.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> the waiting is starting to get to me a little.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Thanks, David[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> SteveG wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Has anyone out there heard any current information from the Washington[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > Embassy? In November I heard Washington, London, Rome, and Berlin were[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > NOT granting visas, saying they had reached there quota. Now I see[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > is granting visas again, (it appears to be around mid-December). Has[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> > received a visa or any type of status notification from the Washington office[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > lately?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Steve[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 18th 2002, 2:45 am
S Roy

I have received a letter from Washington DC office on 14th jan asking me to send my
medicals and police clearances.

Regards,

Deb

"George Lombard" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >We lodged our application at the Washington Embassy on May 16th, 2001. We included[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >all our medicals, x-rays, and police checks with the application. On June 7 we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >received our file number. A couple months later they asked[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >another minor form, then on November 27 they informed (by fax) our agent in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Sydney:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >File: 20016xxx[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Re: Steven[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >As per phone call of 26/11/01, I wish to confirm that all requirements have been[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >met to this stage. Unfortunately as per letter of 21/11/01, this does not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >guarantee issue of visa in the near future.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Our agent said that the reason for non-issuance of the visa was that they had[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >'reached their quota' for visas to be allotted for the financial year, which is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >from July to June.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >I also read on this news group, in numerous various posts that London, Berlin, and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Rome also ran out of their yearly quota. But, now I have seen at least four post[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >since January 1st, that people have received their visas from the London embassy.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >I was wondering if Washington was also issuing visas now.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Our agent has recommended re-lodging our application in Adelaide, but that would[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >entail all new medicals/passport photos/police checks, 47sk, you get the picture.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >He has been trying to contact the PMO in Washington to see if our application[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >could simply be transferred but can't get anything but recorded messages and no[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >return phone calls.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >If anyone hears of anything, please leave a post.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Wishing the best of luck to all of you,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Steve and Stacey[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> >> Steve,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> How did you manage to hear that Washington had stopped issuing visas in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> I sent in my medical forms and police checks on September 11th (of all days),[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> and I haven't heard a peep from them since them. And I am not a hallowed IT[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> person.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> the waiting is starting to get to me a little.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> Thanks, David[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> SteveG wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> > Has anyone out there heard any current information from the Washington[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> > Embassy? In November I heard Washington, London, Rome, and Berlin were[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> > NOT granting visas, saying they had reached there quota. Now I see[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> > is granting visas again, (it appears to be around mid-December). Has[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> >> > received a visa or any type of status notification from the Washington office[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> > lately?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> > Steve[/usenetquote2]

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 8:40 am
Emmarr

About the recorded messages and no returned phone calls...I've been trying (202) 797
3167. Are there any other numbers to try? This silence is eery...

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 12:54 am
Steveg

The number I've been trying is 202-797-3000 option 1, by the even-thousand number I'd
say that was the primary line. I'm going to try your number.

I've never been able to talk with a real person any time I call, have you ever talked
with anyone?

What's your status? Have you sent your application? Have you been told they're 'out
of visa's' ?

I'm curious if I'm the only person that has been told they have filled their quota
for the year.

Steve

>
    >

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 5:07 am
Emmarr

I called 202 797 3000 and then punched in my case officer's name to access the
directory. It sent me to an Admiral Someone, who politely gave me the other (202 797
3167) number. That number always has a recorded message, so its not much use. I've
never talked with anyone, and I have a pretty simple question: My documents have been
sent ad hoc, have they received all of them, and if so, why are they requesting
repeat submissions.

I haven't spoken to anyone, so I haven't had the opportunity to hear the "quota full"
for myself. Am waiting with everything crossed...

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 8:12 pm
Ahmet Metin

Hi All; I am in a simmiliar position. Even though I am an ( lucky??? ) IT
applicant. I've submitted my application in April 2001 to Australian Embassy in
Ankara. Received Medicals in August 2001. After that, I've received my PreGrant
letter saying " likely to be ... change of circumstances... send your passport ... if
granted your latest entry date is 1 June 2002 .... bla bla bla" in September 2001.
But after than, I haven't heard anything from the Embassy. I've called ones and
asked. The Officer told me that most likely I will receive my Visa within this
Financial Year. But still I haven't recevied it, even though I am an ( lucky ?? )
IT applicant. Regards

[email protected] (emmarr)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >