Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Waiting for the TRA to make a pathway D decision?

Wikiposts

Waiting for the TRA to make a pathway D decision?

Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:32 am
Come on down...........

a and ts mum will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Waiting for the TRA to make a pathway D decision?

Removal of Pathway D

It would appear, sadly, that there are many more people than I realised, many of them families, who have had there lives turned upside down by decisions being made, without a respectful amount of notice, by the Austrialian Immigration Department.

In my case having spent years researching and thousands of pounds looking into the posibility of making a new life down under, knowing that we could apply, having a wonderful time trying out the aussie life style, only to have the rug pulled straight from our feet. No notice, just, sorry too late!

Anyone who has ever prepared for a trade assesment will know the amount of hard work that goes into it, aswell as the endless calls to previous employers begging them to do references, and in sooo much detail that they really dont want to do it.

We were told in September that we should here something nearer Christmas, yes there could be a joke there - didn't say which xmas. We are now into February and still NOTHING.

What is going on, surely they can't keep us in limbo for much longer. It's getting quite painful every day looking through every web site I can think of just for a hint, a rumour, anything connected to the TRA. What makes it worse is Adelaide are now openly targeting British workers! And then there's ' wanted down under' need I say more.

Sorry to go on, but the only people who really know what we are going through are those who use BE! It's a horrible waiting game! I even dread seeing friends now - trying to explain why we haven't even applied for a visa yet.

But, chin's up, tomorrow's another day! It could be the lucky one!

Lisa