waiting times (snoooze)

Old May 1st 2002, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default waiting times (snoooze)

I'm afraid that I am going to be boring and ask a few questions for the benefit of us poor souls who foolishly rushed to get our PR visas in to London, when it would have better to wait and submit them to Adelaide!!

Has anyone managed to get hold of any revised waiting times since the allocation of the extra 600 visas to London?

I have seen other people mention that have spoken to their case workers at the embassy. However, I understood that if you contacted them within the posted waiting time i.e. 20 months this could hold up your application further. Does anyone have any comments about this, or about whether its worth making general enquires to London??
Old May 1st 2002, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: waiting times (snoooze)

Hi,

We have contacted them on several occasions, for several different reasons, and they have always been very helpful, certainly no suggestion that we would be penalised for this. I think they accept that you may phone them once or twice after a long wait.

Chris.
Old May 1st 2002, 8:30 pm
George Lombard

Hi Mandandbri,

It's not just London which has a new allocation of visas, of course...

I think that for all this allocation of visas the challenge is to get to visa grant
by 30 June. Anyone not in IT and not already receiving letters or phone calls from
London will be in trouble for that deadline. We also understand that Team 2 has got
as far as January 2001, which suggests that the actual waiting period for most will
be less than 18 months. But the good news for new applicants is that so far Adelaide
has been far more democratic.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au

mandandbri wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >I'm afraid that I am going to be boring and ask a few questions for the benefit of
    >us poor souls who foolishly rushed to get our PR visas in to London, when it would
    >have better to wait and submit them to Adelaide!!
    >
    >Has anyone managed to get hold of any revised waiting times since the allocation of
    >the extra 600 visas to London?
    >
    >I have seen other people mention that have spoken to their case workers at the
    >embassy. However, I understood that if you contacted them within the posted
    >waiting time i.e. 20 months this could hold up your application further. Does
    >anyone have any comments about this, or about whether its worth making general
    >enquires to London??
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 1st 2002, 9:09 pm
ndaltonb

Hi George,

Adelaide also seems to a darn sight faster. Wish they had sent the London backlog to Adelaide.

Sorry, just a moan.

In frustration

Nigel db

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Mandandbri,

But the good news for new applicants is that so far Adelaide
has been far more democratic.

Cheers

George Lombard

Old May 2nd 2002, 4:30 pm
Hair-Cut-And-Tr

hi i applied july 2001 london skilled mechanic, my agent said they would get so far
with the back log and send the rest to adal auss. so does that mean we get sorted
first in auss or still have to wait like divveys again. tim

Chris <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > We have contacted them on several occasions, for several different reasons, and
    > they have always been very helpful, certainly no suggestion that we would be
    > penalised for this. I think they accept that you may phone them once or twice after
    > a long wait.
    >
    > Chris.

Old May 2nd 2002, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yeah that would be our luck wouldnt it , get sent to adelaide and get put to the back of the que , it will just finish us off.
Contacted our agent today and they said every phone call made to team 1 and 2 is less time for them to get through the visas. We were told only ring them if you have a change of circumstance etc, not how long is our visa going to be!!! Perhaps if we leave them alone they might go a bit faster you never know,well lets hope.
Joanne
Old May 2nd 2002, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe what you will, but the first time I phoned them, the chap on the other end told me we would hear somthing in the next few weeks, and sure enough after 2 weeks we got the request for medicals and police checks.

Chris.
Old May 2nd 2002, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point

I may risk contacting them about the sending of the forms to Adelaide. I shall let people know.

I have heard that there are only 4 staff in London processing our PR forms. I have worked as a civil servant before and am aware of the slow paced working envornment, long lunches, sickies etc etc. heh 20months doesn't sound too bad after all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 7th 2002, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandandbri

Just wondered whether you plucked up the bottle to call Australia House in London? Did you mention about sending your details to Adelaide?

I'm waiting too - sent our skilled independent in Aug 2001 and would dearly love to find out where we are - whether our application has even been opened. Doubt it. Don't know whether to send in medicals and police clearances now either as have heard lots of contradictory advice on this.

Oh, I just don't know. Let's know how you're getting on.

Cheers.

Lisa B
Old May 7th 2002, 11:00 pm
Ls

Lisa B <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Mandandbri
    >
    > Just wondered whether you plucked up the bottle to call Australia House in London?
    > Did you mention about sending your details to Adelaide?
    >
    > I'm waiting too - sent our skilled independent in Aug 2001 and would dearly love to
    > find out where we are - whether our application has even been opened. Doubt it.
    > Don't know whether to send in medicals and police clearances now either as have
    > heard lots of contradictory advice on this.
    >
    > Oh, I just don't know. Let's know how you're getting on.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > Lisa B

we put our application in march 2001, we have been told it hasnt been looked at yet
and can expect to wait upto 20 months after application.