Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Waiting time for Visa subclass 100 (permanent resident partner visa)?

Waiting time for Visa subclass 100 (permanent resident partner visa)?

Old Oct 24th 2019, 1:18 am
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting time for Visa subclass 100 (permanent resident partner visa)?

Hey everyone!
I have been living in Australia for over a year now on the 309 provisional residency partner visa, and its nearly coming up to the time where I have to supply more evidence for the 100 stage. As I understand it, I applied for both 309 and 100 at the same time, and while the 309 was granted within about 5 weeks the 100 is an ongoing process which I provide more evidence for 2 years after I submitted my application (Jan 2018).
I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how long I may be waiting for the 100 to come through after I provide more evidence at the 2 year mark? The official gov site says about 23 months, but is that from when I supply the additional evidence of my relationship or is that from when I applied for both back in Jan 2018? I also take the gov estimated guidelines with a pinch of salt as they said 309 would take 11 months when instead it took 5 weeks (our evidence wasn't great either as we didn't plan on coming out to Aus, so didn't keep a lot of important documents dating back to the beginning of our de facto relationship).

Has anyone been through the full process of this visa and know the rough timescale? Also, as I applied offshore and was granted 309 offshore, will I have to be offshore to be granted the 100?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 24th 2019, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting time for Visa subclass 100 (permanent resident partner visa)?

You can be onshore for the 100 grant and the processing times are from when the new evidence is submitted. All processing times vary, that is why they show it in percentages processed within certain times.