Waiting time for Brunei police check?

Old Mar 1st 2011, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Marcantony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting time for Brunei police check?

Hi, my wife and children are waiting to migrate to Australia. The last thing we are waiting on was a police check from Brunei for my wife. At the time we applied for the check the Brunei embassy said it would take about a month. Its been just over 4 weeks now, does anyone have any recent experience on how much longer it will take to come through?

thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting time for Brunei police check?

Originally Posted by Marcantony
Hi, my wife and children are waiting to migrate to Australia. The last thing we are waiting on was a police check from Brunei for my wife. At the time we applied for the check the Brunei embassy said it would take about a month. Its been just over 4 weeks now, does anyone have any recent experience on how much longer it will take to come through?

thanks
Wouldn't have thought so, even if others have had to apply to them, their wait period would be different anyway. You haven't waited a month yet, be patient.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Almost 6 weeks now, still nothing.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

fiden is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

i have also apply for PC at Brunei Embassy in thailand, they told me that it will take 2 to 3 month.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marcantony

thanks
Hi, not sure if you are still in Brunei? When we lived there, we got ours through fairly instantly, but that was several years ago, and as I said we were still living there at the time. Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tomar
Hi, not sure if you are still in Brunei? When we lived there, we got ours through fairly instantly, but that was several years ago, and as I said we were still living there at the time. Good luck.
No, my wife worked there 4 years ago.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fiden
Hi

i have also apply for PC at Brunei Embassy in thailand, they told me that it will take 2 to 3 month.
Thanks for telling me that. After I read your reply I got my wife to check with the embassy again and they told her the same thing; 2-3 months.

..sigh..

but thanks for the help anyway
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Finally got the police check (2 months to the day). My wife takes it still sealed to the Australian embassy only to then find they gave her someone elses. So she had to go back to the Brunei embassy to get the right one. sigh..

Anyways, after going back to the Aus embassy the guy she spoke looked her up on the computer and then asked if she had her passport and the childrens'. Since she did he asked her to leave it with them for him to give to our case officer and that they would mail everything back to her within a couple of weeks. Has it happened this way before? I thought it would be after we submitted everything they would contact us later for the passports, instead they wanted them now. Did he see some note in our file then?