WA state Sponsorship

Old Dec 11th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WA state Sponsorship

Originally Posted by foha2012
John,

Do you have evidence to support your claim that this is not the SMP?. This guy, ROMFT_WO2RN is usually dead right. I hope he is wrong and you are right this time.

Cheers,

TAA
the proof is look at their website, can you see the plan on there NO!
when you are all looking at this list on their site, it says list not smp.
just look properly.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 11:00 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnb1
just look properly.
John,

I have checked and I dont seem to find SMP written anywhere. But I heard that SS will be abolished and replaced by SMP. Then why have they issued a SS list ?.

Have you tried emailing or calling them for clarification? - On monday that is...

Please if you can call them and clarify, it would be wonderful.

Thanks and Cheers,

TAA
Old Dec 11th 2010, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: WA state Sponsorship

just look properly.
oh and also any smp has to be agreed by the ministers, go to chris bowens site, he has published a media release on his site once he has approved and IMPLEMENTED all other SMP,s, so if this is the plan then why has he not said it is to be implemented??
After all everyone knows on this site dont they??? I mean he is only the Immigration Minister for Australia isnt he, maybe he just goes of what this site says!!!
http://www.chrisbowen.net/media-cent...ia-releases.do
Old Dec 12th 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

GC73 is an unknown quantity at this point

The ministers website is not the definitive place for updates on migration plans. I cannot see anywhere an announcement about the Victoria SMP that was introduced last month. In addition, it is common for his announcements to come a few days after the State Governments have updated their websites. He does also announce things wrongly from time to time (ie. Queensland SMP). I would expect some news about WA on there in the next couple of days.

I think it's fair to assume (and the vast majority will) that the list WA have released refers to what is effetively their 'SMP'. One of the FAQ implies this is true as it states:

Q: h. I have been sponsored by SMWA (pre July 1) but I have not been able to apply for my visa as my occupation was not listed on Schedule 3. The State Migration Plan has now been released and I have found that my occupation is not listed in the WASMOL, will SMWA continue to support my visa application for sponsorship?
A: No. If your occupation does not appear on the WASMOL you will not be able to lodge an application with DIAC.

If you obtaian anything from WA that indicates this is not the SMP list please update us, but I can't imagine after all this time WA would release a list with occupations on it that will not become Category 2 once SS is obtained.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

oh and also any smp has to be agreed by the ministers, go to chris bowens site, he has published a media release on his site once he has approved and IMPLEMENTED all other SMP,s, so if this is the plan then why has he not said it is to be implemented??
After all everyone knows on this site dont they??? I mean he is only the Immigration Minister for Australia isnt he, maybe he just goes of what this site says!!!
http://www.chrisbowen.net/media-cent...ia-releases.do
You're splitting hairs and you know it
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Si T
You're splitting hairs and you know it
No I am not, I am dealing with Facts!
You can speculate all you want with others, but the Australian Immigration is such a mess, you can Never 2nd guess whats coming, I have learnt since July 2009 to never take this crowd or process for granted.
Facts only for me pal.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC73
The ministers website is not the definitive place for updates on migration plans. I cannot see anywhere an announcement about the Victoria SMP that was introduced last month. In addition, it is common for his announcements to come a few days after the State Governments have updated their websites. He does also announce things wrongly from time to time (ie. Queensland SMP). I would expect some news about WA on there in the next couple of days.

I think it's fair to assume (and the vast majority will) that the list WA have released refers to what is effetively their 'SMP'. One of the FAQ implies this is true as it states:

Q: h. I have been sponsored by SMWA (pre July 1) but I have not been able to apply for my visa as my occupation was not listed on Schedule 3. The State Migration Plan has now been released and I have found that my occupation is not listed in the WASMOL, will SMWA continue to support my visa application for sponsorship?
A: No. If your occupation does not appear on the WASMOL you will not be able to lodge an application with DIAC.

If you obtaian anything from WA that indicates this is not the SMP list please update us, but I can't imagine after all this time WA would release a list with occupations on it that will not become Category 2 once SS is obtained.
Victoria was announced, like every passed smp has been, so your wrong there.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

After reading all of this new thread, i felt that i needed to put some clarification here.

Our WA SS (form 1100) was sent from WA on monday to DIAC to process as a priority 2 applicant. We applied in June 2009 and granted WA SS on 14 July 2010, BUT, they would not convert our visa from a 175 to 176 unless we were on the new SMP or WASMOL whatever you want to call it, same thing !!

However on monday i had CLAIRIFICATION from my contact in WA migration that our application has already been sent down to DIAC because we are on the list.

I hope this puts to bed some of their concerns as most of the replies on here are speculation........has anybody actually, apart from me, had it confirmed from WA that this is not the SMP...........NO YOU HAVENT.

Just because it does not state State Migration Plan at the top, it still states occupation in demand, afterall this is what a SMP is anyway.....dont put unrest into people lives. I do suggest for anybody that is still uncertain, email WA or pick up the phone and speak to somebody over their, that way you will receive the same clarification as i did.

Hi All

We have sent through your 1100 to DIAC and yes you will be classed as Priority 2.

You can relax a bit and enjoy the holiday season..

Regards

......... ...............
Migration Promotions Officer
Skilled Migration WA
Telephone : +61 8 92182100
Fax : +61 8 92182160
Web : migration.wa.gov.au
Level 2, 123 Adelaide Tce, EAST PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6004
Old Dec 15th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

hantorro is on a distinguished road

Guys just want to point out here, my agent told me one thing and i discussed it with John1, in a general chat, guess who was right, no not my agent, John1.

Not saying he is the be all and end all, just gets his facts right....
Old Dec 15th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

GC73 is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked the ministers media releases web site again and could not find where the Victoria SMP was announced...

Maybe the reason for no ministerial or DIAC announcement about WA SMP is because it doesn't officially open up until Monday 20th.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC73
I checked the ministers media releases web site again and could not find where the Victoria SMP was announced...

Maybe the reason for no ministerial or DIAC announcement about WA SMP is because it doesn't officially open up until Monday 20th.
Took an extract from ministers site.

State Migration Plans. While state and territory governments have always had the capacity to nominate applicants under the General Skilled Migration program, these plans will better target specific skills shortages in each state and territory. I am pleased to announce that I have entered into an agreement with the governments of Victoria and the ACT and approved the plans for Western Australia and the Northern Territory. Agreements with other states will be finalised by the end of the year.

http://www.chrisbowen.net/media-cent...do?newsId=3889
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hantorro
Guys just want to point out here, my agent told me one thing and i discussed it with John1, in a general chat, guess who was right, no not my agent, John1.

Not saying he is the be all and end all, just gets his facts right....
Thanks for your comments.:fingersc rossed:
Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

No I am not, I am dealing with Facts!
You can speculate all you want with others, but the Australian Immigration is such a mess, you can Never 2nd guess whats coming, I have learnt since July 2009 to never take this crowd or process for granted.
Facts only for me pal.
The fact is that a list has been released which gives the SS occupations related to the WA SMP. It includes additional requirments and is the primary part of the SMP that people have been waiting for all this time.

The fact is that you are still splitting hairs.

The fact is that due to your, understandable, frustration with DIAC you are lashing out at the wrong people. Take a look at your previous posts and explain to me why that tone encourages people to listen to you. Then again, don't as I don't really care.

The fact is that I'm not your pal. Individuals such as you are the main reason that I don't often visit this site anymore.

Good luck with it all anyway.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Si T
The fact is that a list has been released which gives the SS occupations related to the WA SMP. It includes additional requirments and is the primary part of the SMP that people have been waiting for all this time.

The fact is that you are still splitting hairs.

The fact is that due to your, understandable, frustration with DIAC you are lashing out at the wrong people. Take a look at your previous posts and explain to me why that tone encourages people to listen to you. Then again, don't as I don't really care.

The fact is that I'm not your pal. Individuals such as you are the main reason that I don't often visit this site anymore.

Good luck with it all anyway.