British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   wa sponsorship update (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/wa-sponsorship-update-593487/)

tomka Feb 23rd 2009 3:51 pm

wa sponsorship update

just to let you know
called wa smc this morning. they told me that they just finished nov applications and starting december applications.
by the way did you send them a copy of your passport????

tom

Safaet Feb 23rd 2009 4:19 pm

Re: wa sponsorship update

Originally Posted by thomaskraneis (Post 7314104)
just to let you know
called wa smc this morning. they told me that they just finished nov applications and starting december applications.

tom

Hello tom,
That indicates lots of applications are in process now........
Anyways, Good luck to your application!!:thumbsup:

wolkenwalker Feb 23rd 2009 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by thomaskraneis (Post 7314104)
just to let you know

tom

ohhh, thats not good. I thought they would be finished earlier. I applied on 19.01. and was reading that their timeline is about 6-8 weeks.so i was hopping to get a feedback these days.
But now i have to wait a little longer.

helloshivahere Feb 25th 2009 7:41 am

I applied WA - Accountant on 14/02/2009 when will they notify me results

any Idea plz

Their Text for info

Dear Mr XXXX,

We are happy to inform you that your application successfully received.

Your application reference number is:SMR-XXXX-XXXX

Application received:14/02/2009

Please keep this number as it may be used for further enquiries.

Thank you,

State Migration Center

gungerdin Feb 25th 2009 1:34 pm

This is bad news i applied on the 2nd feb and spoke to them on the 3rd and i was told 6 to 8 weeks also. Is it still the case that 176 are a priority

helloshivahere Feb 25th 2009 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by gungerdin (Post 7321766)
This is bad news i applied on the 2nd feb and spoke to them on the 3rd and i was told 6 to 8 weeks also. Is it still the case that 176 are a priority

Both almost in same boat just couple of week differnce lets wait upto April 1st week

Cameron Feb 25th 2009 6:12 pm

Hello,

I see here you are more informed about sponsorship from WA. Perhaps you can help me with one answer. So...

This following announce has appear today on WA migration website: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/?page=skilled-migration :

"CHANGES TO SKILLED SPONSORSHIP FOR GRADUATES
EFFECTIVE CLOSE OF BUSINESS (WST) 25 FEBRUARY 2009

These changes apply to all graduates who have completed
their studies outside Western Australia.

Effective close of business (WST) 25 February 2009, applications for State sponsorship from graduates who have completed their studies outside Western Australia will no longer be accepted by the Government of Western Australia. Applications from students who have completed their studies (minimum 12 months) in Western Australia will continue to be accepted.
Graduate students may apply for State sponsorship once they have gained a minimum of 12 months recent work experience in Western Australia, in a skilled occupation.
Applications lodged after close of business (WST) 25 February 2009 will not be processed and no further action will be taken.
All applications received prior to close of business (WST) 25 February 2009 will be unaffected by these changes."

So what shoud I understant from this...is apply only to graduate students, or to all the people who graduate outside Australia and intend to ask for a sponsorship? If I already apply for a 175 visa, and I graduate outside Australia, and now I intend to ask for sponsorship...I will be refused? In this case looks like the sponsorship from WA has been closed?

Cheers
Cameron

helloshivahere Feb 26th 2009 5:13 am

Nice update cam. Its applicable applicants after 25.02.2009. and what about offshore applicants

:confused:

tomka Mar 2nd 2009 10:41 pm

just called wa immigration. they told me that they still doing dec 1st week applications. waiting goes on and on.

Rodger_lawson Mar 3rd 2009 9:00 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7324189)
Nice update cam. Its applicable applicants after 25.02.2009. and what about offshore applicants

Hi Shiva,
I forgot to upload my IELTS TRF on my WA sponsoship application. Do i wait for them to ask or should I send them now? i so, How do i send it over to them?

thanks

Rodger_lawson Mar 3rd 2009 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson (Post 7340270)
Hi Shiva,
I forgot to upload my IELTS TRF on my WA sponsoship application. Do i wait for them to ask or should I send them now? i so, How do i send it over to them?

thanks

Thanks very much Tony for your guidance. I truly appreciate your help.

helloshivahere Mar 3rd 2009 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rodger_lawson (Post 7340270)
Hi Shiva,

thanks

Hi roger for safety side just upload thru that mail Id since its not donot reply ID and make sure ur transaction number on top of the mail and even in subject.

Some good things going on for csl I forget ur on csl if then u dont need to bother about WA sponsership if u add that too so fast u will getit

wozzer Mar 10th 2009 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by thomaskraneis (Post 7338993)
just called wa immigration. they told me that they still doing dec 1st week applications. waiting goes on and on.

Hi Thomas .
I really am confused and dont know whats going on i too rang W.A. immigration over two weeks ago on Friday 20th Feb , they told me back then they had began processing December applicants and anticipated it would take another couple of weeks to get to my application from Jan 28th, i was hoping to hear something this week .My agents dont seem to know anything either regarding the timelines .
I have been reading articles recently about Australia cutting back on would be migrants the worse the recession gets , ive heard June mentioned , at this rate ill be lucky to get a visa in time.
Can anyone shed some light on what exactly is happening with W.a. sponsorship applications ?
Thanks for listening , a very pi..ed off wozzer.

Griffangus Mar 10th 2009 6:09 pm

Sadly I cannot add anything about dates but wanted to share my frustration.

I applied under State Sponsored - Accountant on 22 Jan and was told by the agent to expect a reply by 5 March then on the 3rd they called to say expect at least another 6 weeks! Madness!! :curse: No end in sight!?!?!

Sorry - just another rant!

Rodger_lawson Mar 11th 2009 5:17 am

Originally Posted by helloshivahere (Post 7341377)
Hi roger for safety side just upload thru that mail Id since its not donot reply ID and make sure ur transaction number on top of the mail and even in subject.

Some good things going on for csl I forget ur on csl if then u dont need to bother about WA sponsership if u add that too so fast u will getit

hi Shiva, i am not on CSL. that's why i really look forward to the WA sponsoship.