WA Sponsorship - my update

Old May 13th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

hantorro is on a distinguished road
Default WA Sponsorship - my update

After reading the updates for the WA Sponsorship suspension of applications, i contacted the Skilled Migration WA department, as my application was sent to them middle Dec 09 and i still had not heard anything.

Just in case anyone else was wondering about the backlog they are dealing with, this might help. The following was their response:

We are currently processing applications for State sponsorship from Western Australia that were lodged in early November 2009. Our current processing times are over 20 weeks. We will revert to you as soon as a decision is made on your application.

I hope this has been of assistance.

Lorraine
Old May 13th 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all
Default Re: WA Sponsorship - my update

They'll contact you eventually as frustrating as it may be

We applied for WA SS Sept 09 and had a letter from them last week saying they are willing to sponsor us which is great news. Its taken 7 and a half months but we're pleased cause hubbie is a brickie. There is a still a long way to go, our agent said there is still a lot of paperwork but at least its a yes finally!!! Our initial 175 app went in in July 2008 so chins up people - theres light at the end of the tunnel - hopefully!!!!!
Old May 14th 2010, 12:59 am
Reg. Migration Agent

SD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really niceSD_MOA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Trussie
They'll contact you eventually as frustrating as it may be

We applied for WA SS Sept 09 and had a letter from them last week saying they are willing to sponsor us which is great news. Its taken 7 and a half months but we're pleased cause hubbie is a brickie. There is a still a long way to go, our agent said there is still a lot of paperwork but at least its a yes finally!!! Our initial 175 app went in in July 2008 so chins up people - theres light at the end of the tunnel - hopefully!!!!!
Hello All,
I had a WA sponsorship application approved last week. It was lodged on 16th October 2009.

Regards
Old May 14th 2010, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your feedback, was getting a bit worried but it seems in haste.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Got the WA sponsorship on 8 June
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

saadbakhtyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help required -financial matter

I have querry if anyone can help me out..... I am planning to apply for WA state sponsirship once applications are opened. My question is do we have to show any bank statement in case of 176 visa+WA state sponsirship or just have to write figures.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Help required -financial matter

Originally Posted by saadbakhtyar
I have querry if anyone can help me out..... I am planning to apply for WA state sponsirship once applications are opened. My question is do we have to show any bank statement in case of 176 visa+WA state sponsirship or just have to write figures.
Hi everything we had to do was written, no evidence of bank statements was necessary. A lot of research, but you would be expected to know a bit about the place you want to settle into.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: WA Sponsorship - my update

Thanks dear for the reply , one more thing i want to ask as you have written , "but you would be expected to know a bit about the place you want to settle into". I didnt get your point since i will be applying for 176 visa with state sponsirship, and i will have option to settle anywhere in WA..isnt it so?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks dear for the reply , one more thing i want to ask as you have written , "but you would be expected to know a bit about the place you want to settle into". I didnt get your point since i will be applying for 176 visa with state sponsirship, and i will have option to settle anywhere in WA..isnt it so?

Off topic but can I just share a little bit of advice.

When you get to Australia and I hope you will in due course, do not EVER address anyone as you have done above. The ONE AND ONLY time you use "dear" to address somebody in a written communication is at the start of a letter, when it is appropriate to say

"Dear Bermudashorts, ..."

If I addressed another native English speaker in the manner you have above they would either think I am weird or they would think I am being hostile, sarcastic or rude. If a non native addressed an English speaker in this way, they would not be annoyed or think you are being rude, but they would question your English language skills. This is the last thing you need when you arrive and are looking for work.

It is difficult to explain the finer details of this point but please trust me you don't want to use the word "dear" in this way. We see it time and time again in here, it drives us natives bonkers.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for advice
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, you will have the option to settle anywhere in Perth, house/rent prices vary depending on where you want to settle, petrol for your journey to and from work etc.

Well said Bermudashorts
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

z3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nicez3phron is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Off topic but can I just share a little bit of advice.

When you get to Australia and I hope you will in due course, do not EVER address anyone as you have done above. The ONE AND ONLY time you use "dear" to address somebody in a written communication is at the start of a letter, when it is appropriate to say

"Dear Bermudashorts, ..."

If I addressed another native English speaker in the manner you have above they would either think I am weird or they would think I am being hostile, sarcastic or rude. If a non native addressed an English speaker in this way, they would not be annoyed or think you are being rude, but they would question your English language skills. This is the last thing you need when you arrive and are looking for work.

It is difficult to explain the finer details of this point but please trust me you don't want to use the word "dear" in this way. We see it time and time again in here, it drives us natives bonkers.
I used to work in the middle east, and I had to deal with Pakistanis & Bangladeshis.
I reckoned its pretty common for them to use "dear" in such a way, especially with e-mails and SMS's.

Pardon me for putting forth such a statement, but i guess that's how they communicate even with their own friends. (I don't mean to be condescending or racial in anyway)

But it does sound kind of homosexual in a way that a guy would use the word dear when he addresses me in a casual manner.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:02 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SD_MOA
Hello All,
I had a WA sponsorship application approved last week. It was lodged on 16th October 2009.

Regards
Stephen,

Was it IT ?

Cheers,

TAA
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by foha2012
Stephen,

Was it IT ?

Cheers,

TAA
Hi Foha
What did you do at last ? submitted your papers for reassessment or still waiting for SMP?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 8:02 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by r_1159
Hi Foha
What did you do at last ? submitted your papers for reassessment or still waiting for SMP?
r1159,

No man, I am in two minds right now. you see, If I apply for re-assessment now, it will come back (hopefully positive) by early november. Most states will bring out the SMPs within 10 - 15 days from now (hopefully). So, i thought I'd have a look at one or two SMPs before I launched my new assessment, 15 -20 days delay won't hurt. But the situation would be much clearer for a re-assessment whether to take it or not (might not be necessary after all).

A re-assessment with a different skill for a self employed person is no easy task. I just can't build up enough motivation for it right now!

Thanks for asking. keep in touch dear friend!

Cheers,

TAA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.