British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   WA Sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/wa-sponsorship-637923/)

ThKmOZ Oct 30th 2009 6:45 am

Re: WA Sponsorship

yes, WA SS fees cost around 220A$ but VIC SS no need to pay fees :D

krishnaecetech Oct 30th 2009 7:04 am

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ (Post 8056570)
yes, WA SS fees cost around 220A$ but VIC SS no need to pay fees :D

But Victoria has less occupations in demand than WA.

ThKmOZ Oct 30th 2009 7:17 am

yeah, that is also true :D

erco Nov 1st 2009 10:16 am

not really a smart move. Theyre just jumping onto the band wagon with most of the other states. You have to remember that the Australian government is makinga lot of money out of visa fees and to put it into a broad perspective, there is approx 400-500k applicants in the pipeline and only just over 100k visas. If you look on immi.au there is no mention of anything because they are still taking visa fees for 175-176 visas who at this time have no chance of being looked at until 1012.

every 1 on this forum has either paid a visa fee or knows some1that has. Has any 1 heard of somebody having their fee returned?.

Erco

guuuude Nov 1st 2009 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by erco (Post 8061673)
there is approx 400-500k applicants in the pipeline and only just over 100k visas.

who told you this? i mean thats a differnt from 100k application, not really exact:confused:

canyon_flute Nov 6th 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by hantorro (Post 8051525)
Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before. I was looking at sponsorship in WA for my OH who is a Fitter, i was wondering if anyone else has gone through the process could give me any advice.

Cheers :fingerscrossed:

I applied on 20 June'09 but yet to hear from them. I am on CSL and WA demand list, as well. Has there anyone, like my situation, recieved a WA sponsorship?

ThKmOZ Nov 6th 2009 6:10 am

Originally Posted by canyon_flute (Post 8075013)
I applied on 20 June'09 but yet to hear from them. I am on CSL and WA demand list, as well. Has there anyone, like my situation, recieved a WA sponsorship?

hope you to get receive WA SS withing this month :D

canyon_flute Nov 6th 2009 7:29 am

Originally Posted by ThKmOZ (Post 8075090)
hope you to get receive WA SS withing this month :D

Thanks, ThKmOz. Let some flowers shower on your face! :)

whtzau Nov 8th 2009 4:49 am

Dear all,

I am going to apply for WA SS. But, there are several questions need your kind advise.

1. After completing online application form with scanned version of relevant
document, do I still need to send supported document to WA Migration
office ?

2. Since WA does not request applicants to claim "specific" financial
capability evidence For WA SS application,
how much financial evidence is suitable for it ?

:)

ThKmOZ Nov 9th 2009 12:46 am

Originally Posted by whtzau (Post 8080429)
Dear all,

I am going to apply for WA SS. But, there are several questions need your kind advise.

1. After completing online application form with scanned version of relevant
document, do I still need to send supported document to WA Migration
office ?

2. Since WA does not request applicants to claim "specific" financial
capability evidence For WA SS application,
how much financial evidence is suitable for it ?

:)

Normally No need. if they request , you need to provide

as per normal, 20000 AUD for first person and add additional 5000 AUD for follow by applicant, (just roughly)

Elena Nov 17th 2009 9:38 pm

I was wondering if anybody got the WA sponsorship lately. It will be 4 months on 21st of November since I applied, and I am a little worried because I haven't received any feed-back from them and it seems like reading the forum nobody got the sponsorship lately.

paulandcelia Nov 17th 2009 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Elena (Post 8105777)
I was wondering if anybody got the WA sponsorship lately. It will be 4 months on 21st of November since I applied, and I am a little worried because I haven't received any feed-back from them and it seems like reading the forum nobody got the sponsorship lately.

Applied week before you - spoke to someone from WA recently and they implied I would hear from them in the next 3-4 weeks so that would make it nearer 5 months.........it'll be a nice xmas present.

Elena Nov 18th 2009 12:04 am

Thanks for the reply. I decided to call them this Monday to see what is going on. I will guys let you know what was their answer.

hoofie2002 Nov 18th 2009 12:37 am

Originally Posted by erco (Post 8061673)
not really a smart move. Theyre just jumping onto the band wagon with most of the other states. You have to remember that the Australian government is makinga lot of money out of visa fees and to put it into a broad perspective, there is approx 400-500k applicants in the pipeline and only just over 100k visas. If you look on immi.au there is no mention of anything because they are still taking visa fees for 175-176 visas who at this time have no chance of being looked at until 1012.

every 1 on this forum has either paid a visa fee or knows some1that has. Has any 1 heard of somebody having their fee returned?.

Erco

Why shouldn't they make money from the fees or charge ? The taxpayer has to pay for DIMIA.

Fees are non-refundable - that is made very clear from the start.

M_IT_and_F_Nurse-26yrOld Nov 18th 2009 2:47 am

just to put my 10 pence in here guys, we have been over for a year now (the other half is a nurse and has been sponsored) and unless he has been sponsored to work here, i wouldnt even think about moving out until it picks up... regardless of what people say, the work is still not fully available, i know of people who are fully skilled and would walk into a job back in the uk, but they are struggling big time to get any work. And i mean, ANYTHING.

Just thought i would give ya the heads up. Otherwise, good luck and see ya in oz :)