Visitor Visa question.

Old Nov 26th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visitor Visa question.

Next June or July we are planning to visit Australia for about 4 or 5 months and have been looking at what visa we need. About 2 months in we are planning a week long visit to one of the islands, Fiji, Samoa or somewhere else. Would this short trip out of the country reset a 3 month visitor visa, so we wouldn't have to go to the hassle and expense of getting and paying for a 6 month visa? I understand that the 3 month ETA for our US Passports is valid for multiple visits in a 12 month period.

We also planning a trip to New Zealand at the end of the trip, but more than 3 months after we arrive. NZ doesn't appear to require a visitor visa ahead of time.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 12:50 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa question.

Originally Posted by durham_lad View Post
Next June or July we are planning to visit Australia for about 4 or 5 months and have been looking at what visa we need. About 2 months in we are planning a week long visit to one of the islands, Fiji, Samoa or somewhere else. Would this short trip out of the country reset a 3 month visitor visa, so we wouldn't have to go to the hassle and expense of getting and paying for a 6 month visa? I understand that the 3 month ETA for our US Passports is valid for multiple visits in a 12 month period.

We also planning a trip to New Zealand at the end of the trip, but more than 3 months after we arrive. NZ doesn't appear to require a visitor visa ahead of time.
Yes, you would get another three months on re-entry after the trip to the islands.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Yes, you would get another three months on re-entry after the trip to the islands.
Excellent, I was hoping that it was going to be as simple as that.

Next question is for any recommendations for a week / 10 days visit from Australia.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by durham_lad View Post
Excellent, I was hoping that it was going to be as simple as that.

Next question is for any recommendations for a week / 10 days visit from Australia.
sounds as though you'll be on the Oz east coast, so can't help much there. If you were in Perth I'd suggest Bali - it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't mind a bit of heat and humidity it's a great and inexpensive holiday from here - you can go to the crazy mad places like Kuta, or stay in a very quiet area.

If you're looking at Fiji etc, have you considered a cruise? They seem to be very well priced from the east coast and you get to see a few places rather than just one. Have fun planning, I reckon it's one of the best parts of a holiday
Old Nov 27th 2013, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
sounds as though you'll be on the Oz east coast, so can't help much there. If you were in Perth I'd suggest Bali - it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't mind a bit of heat and humidity it's a great and inexpensive holiday from here - you can go to the crazy mad places like Kuta, or stay in a very quiet area.

If you're looking at Fiji etc, have you considered a cruise? They seem to be very well priced from the east coast and you get to see a few places rather than just one. Have fun planning, I reckon it's one of the best parts of a holiday
Thanks for the suggestion, we'll definitely look into a cruise.