Visitor Visa 600-Eligible to Sponsor?

Old May 18th 2013, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all
Unhappy Visitor Visa 600-Eligible to Sponsor?

Hi Guys..

I am back to ask advise on the new 600 visa. This visa came into effect late March and replaces a few other visa. We are in the process of getting my parents to visit us here in Australia.

They can either apply for a Tourist Visa
or
Sponsored Visa

I believe, one of the eligibility conditions of the Visitor Visa is the Sponsor should be a Citizen or Permanent Resident and settled in Australia (usually more than 2 yrs).

Our confusion is around the settled Period. We are about a 2 months short of the 2 yr settled period.

Does this mean we cannot Sponsor and have to wait on 2 yrs right on the Calendar?

Going in circles and need your inputs..

Thanks,

scaria197
Old May 18th 2013, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa 600-Eligible to Sponsor?

The sponsored stream is for visitors from high-risk countries where there's a good chance the 'visitor' won't leave at the end - hence all the extra information required and bonds needed up-front etc.

If your parents are from the UK, you go for the Tourist stream.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 7:01 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
I would like to organize a tourist visa for my parents to visit me.
They have been here before.They would be coming from Africa.
What type of visa do they need to apply for and can I apply for them from here?
Thanks in Advance
Old Oct 14th 2013, 7:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ige
Hi there,
I would like to organize a tourist visa for my parents to visit me.
They have been here before.They would be coming from Africa.
What type of visa do they need to apply for and can I apply for them from here?
Thanks in Advance
http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tour...sa-options.htm. is where to start. Its their visas, so hey will have to apply. They need to look at what nationality they are, and what passports they are applying with, rather than where theyare actually flying from