Visitor visa 600

Old Nov 20th 2020, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Jojo16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor visa 600

Hi

just looking for some advice.

My partner is Australian and I am british. We are currently living in the uk. He got a uk passport when he arrived as his mum was born here. We now have a 3 month old son
Our plan is to move to Australia I have applied for visitor visa sub class 600 for both me and our son but there is a 5 month wait. I just wondered if there is any other route we can take that could get us there quicker?
Thanks
Old Nov 21st 2020, 2:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor visa 600

Originally Posted by Jojo16 View Post
Hi

My partner is Australian and I am british. We are currently living in the uk. He got a uk passport when he arrived as his mum was born here. We now have a 3 month old son
Our plan is to move to Australia I have applied for visitor visa sub class 600 for both me and our son but there is a 5 month wait. I just wondered if there is any other route we can take that could get us there quicker?
Thanks
I would think your son is Australian and not eligible for a visa - you should apply for his Australian passport, and a spouse visa for yourself.

That said, only citizens and permanent residents can enter Australia at the moment, unless an exemption is granted - and there are plenty of Australians stranded around the world who are unable to return due to the limited number of flights.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jojo16 View Post
Hi

Thanks
Apply for an eVisitor visa and a travel exemption. As mentioned, you can also get citizenship by descent for your son.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 9:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Hand View Post
Apply for an eVisitor visa and a travel exemption. As mentioned, you can also get citizenship by descent for your son.
Still unlikely to get them into the country any time soon. There's no reason for them to receive the exemption.
Old Nov 21st 2020, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Still unlikely to get them into the country any time soon. There's no reason for them to receive the exemption.
She’s the de facto partner of an Australian citizen and has an Australian citizen child (or one who is eligible to be), so all they need to do is evidence it properly and they will be granted a travel permission. They do not need any other reason. Usually takes a couple of days. Getting a flight is, of course, a different thing.
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul Hand View Post
She’s the de facto partner of an Australian citizen and has an Australian citizen child (or one who is eligible to be), so all they need to do is evidence it properly and they will be granted a travel permission. They do not need any other reason. Usually takes a couple of days. Getting a flight is, of course, a different thing.
Just to back up Paul's statement - if a person can show they meet the definition of being an 'immediate family member' of an Australian citizen or permanent resident then an exemption to travel is not required.