Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visiting OZ afer visa grant but not to stay

Wikiposts

Visiting OZ afer visa grant but not to stay

Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough
Default Visiting OZ afer visa grant but not to stay

Our 47Sk is with DIMIA at the moment.

In the meantime it looks like I might be getting a job in London that will entail trips to Oz for business, possibly before visa grant and certainly afterwards.

Questions:

1. If I need to make a business trip to Oz before visa grant will there be any issues in getting a single trip visa, and do I need to tell my CO?

2. Once visa is granted and validation trip made, can I make multiple business trips on the immigration visa, or do I need to inform anyone or get some other visa or form of authorisation for these trips?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

ethicals is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visiting OZ afer visa grant but not to stay

PhilShila,,

If the 47Sk is the Permenant Resident visa then you should be able to come and go as you please with work after you've validated. Watch out for making sure your in Aus at least 2 years out of the 5 after you validate to make sure you can renew.

I've just got my Permenant Visa and I intend to "commute" for the next 3 years trying to do at least 4 months a year in Aus then I'll go for citizenship. I've got two businesses so can't just up and go quickly and with remote working should be able to manage. Air miles will be fantastic !

Regards

Emu

Originally Posted by PhilShila

In the meantime it looks like I might be getting a job in London that will entail trips to Oz for business, possibly before visa grant and certainly afterwards.

Questions:

1. If I need to make a business trip to Oz before visa grant will there be any issues in getting a single trip visa, and do I need to tell my CO?

2. Once visa is granted and validation trip made, can I make multiple business trips on the immigration visa, or do I need to inform anyone or get some other visa or form of authorisation for these trips?

Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ethicals
PhilShila,,

Air miles will be fantastic !

Regards

Emu
Emu - thanks for the response. I'm really hoping the jobs comes off - it'll be fantastic - and as it's with an Oz company, might even mean they can transfer me to OZ and I'll have no need to job search there. In any case should have enough air miles by the time we go not to have to pay for the airfare out !!!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ethicals

I've just got my Permenant Visa and I intend to "commute" for the next 3 years trying to do at least 4 months a year in Aus then I'll go for citizenship. I've got two businesses so can't just up and go quickly and with remote working should be able to manage. Air miles will be fantastic !

Regards

Emu
Note that citizenship also requires 12 months in the 2 years preceding the application, as well as 2 years in 5, so you may have a problem with this.

DIMIA are quite reluctant to give concessions on citizenship residence requirements (because the requirements themselves are not onerous).

The changes projected for 2005 might or might not help you.

Jeremy
Old Dec 8th 2004, 11:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PhilShila

Questions:

No problems - just get a business ETA. http://www.eta.immi.gov.au
Make sure your case officer knows about your movements into and out of Australia.

Your migrant visa will do.

In order to avoid complex scenarios to keep your PR alive, plan to make the move to Australia within about 3 years of visa grant.

Jeremy