Visit Visa for Syrians

Old Aug 29th 2018, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default Visit Visa for Syrians

My brother who has Jordanian Passport and living in Jordan, wants to visit me in Melbourne with his Syrian wife

I heard that government does not grant visit visa to Syrians as they expect Syrians will stay as refugee.

She (my sister in law) doesn't want to become a refugee or anything, they just want to come for a couple of months visit with her husband and then go back home

Is there any problem granting visit visa for Syrians.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visit Visa for Syrians

Originally Posted by KenA
My brother who has Jordanian Passport and living in Jordan, wants to visit me in Melbourne with his Syrian wife

I heard that government does not grant visit visa to Syrians as they expect Syrians will stay as refugee.

She (my sister in law) doesn't want to become a refugee or anything, they just want to come for a couple of months visit with her husband and then go back home

Is there any problem granting visit visa for Syrians.
If Home Affairs weren't granting visitor visas to people from Syria, it'd be on their website (and it's not) Just advise your brother and sister in law to apply.
Old Aug 29th 2018, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If Home Affairs weren't granting visitor visas to people from Syria, it'd be on their website (and it's not) Just advise your brother and sister in law to apply.
was looking for heart emoji to send it to you but i did not find any

<3 <3 <3

Thanks heaps
Old Sep 1st 2018, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Syrians are not banned from getting visit visas.

However your brother will need to prove ongoing and conclusive ties to Jordan that will compel them to return, and also that his wife has full residence rights there (ie, proof that she can go back there). In other words: same as most visitors from the developing world, and the application will spell out the required documentation.

It will run into a problem if they buy a one-way ticket and say that they're planning on visiting you for six months (ie, they will want to know how your brother can take that much time off work and not run into financial or job problems, etc). If they come on a return ticket, and for a reasonable and normal length of time for family visits and have proof of funds - it shouldn't be an issue.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

PS - My understanding of Jordanian citizenship is that foreign wives married to Jordanians can get Jordanian citizenship. Can your brother's wife not do that?