Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa Validation and having a Baby in the UK

Wikiposts

Visa Validation and having a Baby in the UK

Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:17 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa Validation and having a Baby in the UK

Okay, don't know if anyone can help to clarify the following scenario -

If I were to fall pregnant whilst still in the UK, I fly over to Oz for a holiday to activate my visa within the deadline, but I then return to the UK ......would I still be required to submit an application to DIMIA for the baby or can I just fly back to Oz with the baby added onto my passport???

Anyone know?
Nicky

PS Before you all start asking, this is a hypothetical question.

Last edited by Nicky & Dave; Oct 13th 2005 at 10:22 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Validation and having a Baby in the UK

Baby would need to apply as dependent shild and you would need to convince AHC London that you were usually resident in Australia to sponsor - they generally accept a genuine intention to migrate shortly as meeting this requirement.

Child has to pass health examination before grant of visa so grant of visa is not a simple formality.

Tony

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

If I were to fall pregnant whilst still in the UK, I fly over to Oz for a holiday to activate my visa within the deadline, but I then return to the UK ......would I still be required to submit an application to DIMIA for the baby or can I just fly back to Oz with the baby added onto my passport???

Anyone know?
Nicky

Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:30 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Baby would need to apply as dependent shild and you would need to convince AHC London that you were usually resident in Australia to sponsor - they generally accept a genuine intention to migrate shortly as meeting this requirement.

Child has to pass health examination before grant of visa so grant of visa is not a simple formality.

Tony
Many thanks, Tony, for clarifying for me.

Nicky
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
The 'usually resident' requirement for child visas was dropped on 1 November 2003. All DIMIA now expect is that the sponsor has a permanent visa.

There is however a health waiver available, however using this is not straightforward, especially in cases where parents are PRs who have not settled in Australia.

There's also the usual migration fee.

It's usually better for PRs to have the child born in Australia, then it's an Australian citizen automatically (with PR parents).

Jeremy
Old Oct 13th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Anyone know?
Nicky

Hi
Just as an aside a child in the UK needs their own passport, they can no longer be added to their parents. The same is true in Australia
Regards
Old Oct 14th 2005, 1:29 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Hi
Just as an aside a child in the UK needs their own passport, they can no longer be added to their parents. The same is true in Australia
Regards
Cheers all for clarifying - appreiciate your responses.

Nicky
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Mitchells is an unknown quantity at this point

There is however a health waiver available, however using this is not straightforward, especially in cases where parents are PRs who have not settled in Australia.

Does anyone know what kind of health problems the baby would have to suffer for them not grant the visa.

We have our visa's, validating in December, but were putting off the move until number three came along.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 12:49 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitchells
The health criteria and waiver has got little to do with being "settled" in Australia.

As Jeremy rightly pointed out, there is no longer a requirement for the parent-sponsor to be usually resident in Australia for a Child visa.

The health waiver is available to a child visa applicant regardless of the parent-sponsor's status (i.e. citizen or permanent visa holder).

Peter
Old Nov 18th 2005, 11:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
The health criteria and waiver has got little to do with being "settled" in Australia.

As Jeremy rightly pointed out, there is no longer a requirement for the parent-sponsor to be usually resident in Australia for a Child visa.

The health waiver is available to a child visa applicant regardless of the parent-sponsor's status (i.e. citizen or permanent visa holder).

Peter

However it may be harder to claim a health waiver where neither parent is an Australian citizen and the family have not settled in Australia.

Jeremy