Visa subclass 309- granted! What next?

Old Mar 19th 2018, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa subclass 309- granted! What next?

So my de facto partner visa- subclass 309 has just been granted (yay!) and we will be making the move in September. For the second stage of the visa (permanent residency) is it just the same kind of thing? So keep a record of our continuing relationship in Australia eg bank statements, tenant agreements etc.
Do they contact me when they want the additional evidence a couple of years from now? Or do I have to contact them?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 19th 2018, 1:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa subclass 309- granted! What next?

Originally Posted by sharpy96
So my de facto partner visa- subclass 309 has just been granted (yay!) and we will be making the move in September. For the second stage of the visa (permanent residency) is it just the same kind of thing? So keep a record of our continuing relationship in Australia eg bank statements, tenant agreements etc.
Do they contact me when they want the additional evidence a couple of years from now? Or do I have to contact them?

Thanks in advance
Congratulations.
Yes it is.
Yes you do.
Yes they will. However do remember to keep them updated every time you move. People complain that they weren't contacted, it then turns out they had moved half a dozen times in the interim and never inform DIBP or whatever they call themselves this week.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Congratulations.
Yes it is.
Yes you do.
Yes they will. However do remember to keep them updated every time you move. People complain that they weren't contacted, it then turns out they had moved half a dozen times in the interim and never inform DIBP or whatever they call themselves this week.
Great thank you
Hopefully they just contact me by email because likelihood is we are going to move around lots!
Old Mar 20th 2018, 3:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharpy96
Great thank you
Hopefully they just contact me by email because likelihood is we are going to move around lots!
Sorry to have to correct Pen, but a recent change to the rules (since the days when both Moneypenny and I went through this) means that DOHA (Immigration) no longer cntact people to remind them about their PR part of the application. You'll need to keep an eye on the date yourself - its 2 years from the date that you lodged the 309 application - and then once you get to that date log in to your Immiaccount and submt the application through there.

It is a requirement of the 309 though that you update them with your physical address, , which you can also do through your Immiaccount, thats very easy.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 4:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry to have to correct Pen, but a recent change to the rules (since the days when both Moneypenny and I went through this) means that DOHA (Immigration) no longer cntact people to remind them about their PR part of the application. You'll need to keep an eye on the date yourself - its 2 years from the date that you lodged the 309 application - and then once you get to that date log in to your Immiaccount and submt the application through there.

It is a requirement of the 309 though that you update them with your physical address, , which you can also do through your Immiaccount, thats very easy.
My mistake. Apologies Sharpy!
Old Mar 20th 2018, 6:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
My mistake. Apologies Sharpy!
Its a recent change - late last year I think - and didnt get much press on here as the forum is so quiet now Think it'll catch a lot of people out who will just wait for the email.