Visa subclass 300 / 309

Old Oct 24th 2013, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa subclass 300 / 309

Me and my fiancé have decided we should move to Austraila. She is an Austrailian citizen with Canadian PR, I'm a UK citizen with Canadian TWP with PR pending, we are both currently living in Canada and due to get married in 8 months but we where thinking of moving to Austrila in 6 months pending getting me a visa.

Question being is it worth applying under subclass 300 or wait till we are married and move after which is going to be less hassle? Also does anyone know of processing times currently?

Also I presume I would also be apple to apply under skilled worker (I'm an mining engineer) but I'm guessing the processing times would be a lot longer so not even looked at that option in any great detail.

Thanks

Last edited by Oaken; Oct 24th 2013 at 11:16 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa subclass 300 / 309

Originally Posted by Oaken
I'm guessing the processing times would be a lot longer so not even looked at that option in any great detail.
The processing times are relatively long for partner visas.

One of the benefits of a skilled independent visa over a partner visa is that you would obtain permanent residence immediately, whereas a partner visa is usually issued on a temporary basis for the first 2 years.