British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Visa subclass 190: NSW State sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/visa-subclass-190-nsw-state-sponsorship-778560/)

Soulcalliber5 Nov 23rd 2012 5:34 pm

Visa subclass 190: NSW State sponsorship

Hi,

I want to apply for NSW state sponsorship. I have a confusion...

NSW will nominate me from my EOI?

Or

I should apply for state sponsorship to NSW as below?

From NSW website...

To apply for a Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa please complete the following forms below.

Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 forms

Application (Word document)
Self-Assessment Guide (PDF)
Document Checklist
Declaration

Please note that NSW Trade & Investment does not currently accept on-line applications. Applications should be posted to:

Manager, Skilled Migration
NSW Trade & Investment
Level 47 MLC Centre
19 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

or

GPO Box 5477
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia

You will be sent a result letter that will advise the outcome of your application. If your application is successful, your application form will be stamped and signed by an authorised officer from NSW Trade & Investment.

Thanks in anticipation.

Soulcalliber5 Nov 27th 2012 9:39 pm

Re: Visa subclass 190: NSW State sponsorship

Hi,

I had e-mailed to NSW concerned person and here is the reply. Just for sharing it with you all.

How to Apply

To apply for a Skilled Nominated subclass 190 visa please complete the following forms below.

Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 forms

Application (Word document)
Self-Assessment Guide (PDF)
Document Checklist
Declaration

Skilled Sponsored Subclass 886 forms (until 31 December 2012)

General information [form 1]
Declaration by applicant or migration agent [form 2]
Document checklist [form 3]

Fees

The following non-refundable application fees must be paid by bank cheque or money order payable to Industry & Investment NSW and enclosed with your application.

A fee of $330 including GST is payable. Applications received from offshore applicants are from the GST component. The fees for these applications will be $300.00.

Please note that NSW Trade & Investment does not currently accept on-line applications. Applications should be posted to:

Manager, Skilled Migration
NSW Trade & Investment
Level 47 MLC Centre
19 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia

or

GPO Box 5477
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia

You will be sent a result letter that will advise the outcome of your application. If your application is successful, your application form will be stamped and signed by an authorised officer from NSW Trade & Investment.

You must submit the stamped form together with certified copies of your supporting documents. Please do not provide originals as these will not be returned to you.

anirahman Nov 30th 2012 2:13 am

I have applied too. Do you know how long does it take to get a reply?

Pollyana Dec 1st 2012 4:36 am

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-...ored-migration

has all the details on how to apply for NSW sponsorship :)

Soulcalliber5 Dec 3rd 2012 2:13 am

Originally Posted by anirahman (Post 10408809)
I have applied too. Do you know how long does it take to get a reply?

Hi,

Currently, I am waiting for my skills assessment from ACS. Hope to get it soon. And then as i get my assessment, I will be applying to NSW SS. I haven't applied yet.

Can you please let me know your ASCO code and experience?

I have read from NSW website:

An assessment takes 6 to 8 weeks then a response letter will be sent by registered post. If the response is an approval you will then create your EOI into skillselect and advise the EOI number back to NSW.

mrsgreenstar76 Dec 3rd 2012 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Soulcalliber5 (Post 10412938)
Hi,

Currently, I am waiting for my skills assessment from ACS. Hope to get it soon. And then as i get my assessment, I will be applying to NSW SS. I haven't applied yet.

An assessment takes 6 to 8 weeks then a response letter will be sent by registered post. If the response is an approval you will then create your EOI into skillselect and advise the EOI number back to NSW.

What relevance does that have? :confused: Their ASCO code & experience will have no bearing on your case whatsoever.

reehan Dec 3rd 2012 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Soulcalliber5 (Post 10412938)
Hi,

Can you please share link to above information about NSW processing times?

Soulcalliber5 Dec 3rd 2012 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by reehan (Post 10413616)
Can you please share link to above information about NSW processing times?

Sorry.. I haven't read it from NSW website. It was mentioned in the e-mail response that i got back from NSW.

Below is the detailed paragraph:

Please provide the documents below certified copies of all supporting documents. An assessment takes 6 to 8 weeks then a response letter will be sent by registered post. If the response is an approval you will then create your EOI into skillselect and advise the EOI number back to NSW.

Soulcalliber5 Dec 3rd 2012 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10413496)
What relevance does that have? :confused: Their ASCO code & experience will have no bearing on your case whatsoever.

Actually each sponsoring state has its own SOL list for which it can only sponsor.. I have to apply for SS after i get my skill assessment. I just wanted to know about the current trend and how much experienced people are applying under state sponsorship and what 's outcome.. My chances ???

mrsgreenstar76 Dec 3rd 2012 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Soulcalliber5 (Post 10413990)
Actually each sponsoring state has its own SOL list for which it can only sponsor.. I have to apply for SS after i get my skill assessment. I just wanted to know about the current trend and how much experienced people are applying under state sponsorship and what 's outcome.. My chances ???

Actually, each state has an SMP, not a SOL. Someone elses ASCO code & experience will still have absolutely no bearing on your application in any way.

Soulcalliber5 Dec 4th 2012 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10414455)
Actually, each state has an SMP, not a SOL. Someone elses ASCO code & experience will still have absolutely no bearing on your application in any way.

Ok.. mrsgreenstar76: I will never ask anyone to share their profile... Although lot of people have shared their profile on this forum..

One important thing: please have a look at the following link and kindly read it before betraying someone. You can not apply for SS to NSW if your nominated occupation does not fall into one of the following occupations...

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/__dat...2-19.11.12.pdf

Or please correct me if i am wrong...

Pollyana Dec 4th 2012 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Soulcalliber5 (Post 10415814)
Ok.. mrsgreenstar76: I will never ask anyone to share their profile... Although lot of people have shared their profile on this forum..

One important thing: please have a look at the following link and kindly read it before betraying someone. You can not apply for SS to NSW if your nominated occupation does not fall into one of the following occupations...

If people offer to share, that's fine. However many prefer to keep their details private and prefer not to be pressurised to reveal them. :)

mrsgreenstar76 Dec 5th 2012 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Soulcalliber5 (Post 10415814)

Betraying someone? What on earth are you on about?

Soulcalliber5 Dec 5th 2012 3:10 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10416285)
Betraying someone? What on earth are you on about?

Please don't misguide someone if you don't know exactly.

What you have said in your previous post : "Actually, each state has an SMP, not a SOL" .

Most of the states have their "State nominated occupations list". Thank you.

mrsgreenstar76 Dec 5th 2012 3:33 am

Originally Posted by Soulcalliber5 (Post 10416480)
Please don't misguide someone if you don't know exactly.

What you have said in your previous post : "Actually, each state has an SMP, not a SOL" .

Most of the states have their "State nominated occupations list". Thank you.

They have state migration plans. Even your own link says "NSW STATE MIGRATION PLAN 2012-2013". I would suggest actually paying attention to what you are reading before attempting to take a cheap shot. :rolleyes: