Visa Stamp on Old Passport

Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice
Default Visa Stamp on Old Passport

Is anyone aware of a new policy, memo or bulletin from Australian Embassy that visa stamp should be in the new passport and not in the old one? There was one countryman of mine whose husband was not allowed to board at the airport because he renewed passport after visa stamping, but he brought along the old passport, but he was apparently showed a new ruling.

i am waiting for a visa and would like to have my dependents renew their passports but agent said to wait. if their old passports will be stamped and we renew after, then we may be in the same fix.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Stamp on Old Passport

Originally Posted by imaxx
Is anyone aware of a new policy, memo or bulletin from Australian Embassy that visa stamp should be in the new passport and not in the old one? There was one countryman of mine whose husband was not allowed to board at the airport because he renewed passport after visa stamping, but he brought along the old passport, but he was apparently showed a new ruling.

i am waiting for a visa and would like to have my dependents renew their passports but agent said to wait. if their old passports will be stamped and we renew after, then we may be in the same fix.
Not heard anything. It may cause a hold up while they verify that the visa is valid if it doesn't match the passport number in the system, but there is no requirement to have the visa in the current passport.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

jayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nicejayadams is just really nice

of course you need to have your visa stamp in your new passport!!!!!! this is not a new ruling my goodness this has always been in place. how ill informed is your friend???? so if you get your old passport stamped you will need to pay to get the new one - re done. you cant only travel of one passport showing an old one with a visa in it (even if in date) is essentially trying to travel on two.

the issue of what time is remaining on your passport and appropriate advice is clearly detailed on the immi website. you have a computer look it up. what a stupid thread
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayadams
of course you need to have your visa stamp in your new passport!!!!!! this is not a new ruling my goodness this has always been in place.
Totally wrong.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:21 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

of course you need to have your visa stamp in your new passport!!!!!! this is not a new ruling my goodness this has always been in place. how ill informed is your friend???? so if you get your old passport stamped you will need to pay to get the new one - re done. you cant only travel of one passport showing an old one with a visa in it (even if in date) is essentially trying to travel on two.

the issue of what time is remaining on your passport and appropriate advice is clearly detailed on the immi website. you have a computer look it up. what a stupid thread
If you think you're so smart I suggest you look it up.

Every person on here that has shown themselves to be knowledgable on visas (like JAJ and Polyanna) has said that you can travel with your old and new passports to show the visa label. Unless something has changed in the last month or two.

Regardless, getting a new visa label put in is very easy (and free!) so I would just do it and save yourself the hassle.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

ramlmmjem is on a distinguished road

Does the same apply if you don't have the label but are relying on the 'electronic' visa (I believe that folk from the UK don't have to have the visa stamp) and have renewed passports since the visa was granted?

Just checking as I fly out in 4 weeks!

Alistair
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case anyone needs DIAC confirmation that nothing has changed, this link to the DIAC site - http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...5documents.htm - says "If a valid visa is in an expired passport, it is possible to continue to use the visa until it expires, provided both the old and new passports are carried together when travelling to Australia."

Sorry Alastair, I don't know the answer to your question :-(
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ramlmmjem
Does the same apply if you don't have the label but are relying on the 'electronic' visa (I believe that folk from the UK don't have to have the visa stamp) and have renewed passports since the visa was granted?

Just checking as I fly out in 4 weeks!

Alistair
Which visa do you hold?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which visa do you hold?

e457.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

scamp1976 is on a distinguished road

Our CO said that just the grant letter is good enough, but they DO recommend putting the visa in your passport. We are going to Berlin on monday to put our visa in our passports, just to have double security, but the letter by itself is good enough.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scamp1976
Our CO said that just the grant letter is good enough, but they DO recommend putting the visa in your passport. We are going to Berlin on monday to put our visa in our passports, just to have double security, but the letter by itself is good enough.
Thanks. That's what I'd been led to believe.

I'd thought of getting the stamp in once I arrived in Adelaide. How easy will that be does anyone know?

Alistair
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

I would just like to say, We went to Oz with old passport with stamp in and also new passport and had no problem at all.

I thought this site was for people to ask questions on?

So no need to be so nasty. I bet you ask a lot of questions for things you don't no.
Julie
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:50 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Well I have been told that my daughter can still travel with the visa in her old passport and use the new passport to.

That's from the Australian embassy, so basically we have to take two passports whilst travelling the valid and the old! Phoned them twice now and they have come up with the same answer I'm with corgi on that one.

I wish people would check things before they post on here it's all very mis leading?

Carol
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:55 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

I checked with the Australian Embassy just a few days ago about the visa in an old passport. I don't think they have changed it in two days? Very unlikely!

Carol
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mabozar
I checked with the Australian Embassy just a few days ago about the visa in an old passport. I don't think they have changed it in two days? Very unlikely!

Carol
We did it last year when we had to validate. My hubby and son took old and new passports. But mine was in my new passport. We had no problem at all.

Also when we sell our house we will take old and new passports with us again.

But if anyone who has just returned or moved to Oz and had any problems they will of course keep us posted.
Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.