Visa renewal after 5 Yrs in OZ

Old May 6th 2008, 9:50 am
Just Joined

linda_AF will become famous soon enoughlinda_AF will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Visa renewal after 5 Yrs in OZ

Hi everyone newbie to the site, we have lived in OZ for 5 years as of 2002, after our visa expired we had go offshore, as to lodge another visa application (457 sponsored visa) We left oz on Jan 30 2008 and came to the UK. Living with mother in law,Was told that the visa would take about 4 to 8 weeks, but 14 weeks later we still hadn't heard anything. A CO has been allocated. CO requested medicals and other paper work , had meds done on 2 april 08 and they have been sent off we haven't heard anything more. As everything we own is still in OZ, my children go to school in oz, my son is in yr 9 and my daughter in yr 12, should be doing her VCE exams in Dec 08 and having missed 3 nearly 4 mths now is not good for them. Both my other sons have been granted their WHV (Working Holiday Visa) one has moved back to OZ to look after the house and the other is planning to go back soon. Does anyone have any advise/ suggestions for me. Or is anyone in/ been in this situation before. Thanks hope to hear from anyone.
Old May 6th 2008, 9:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa renewal after 5 Yrs in OZ

Moved thread to immigration section.

Mod.
Old May 6th 2008, 3:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda_AF
Hi everyone newbie to the site, we have lived in OZ for 5 years as of 2002, after our visa expired we had go offshore, as to lodge another visa application (457 sponsored visa) We left oz on Jan 30 2008 and came to the UK. Living with mother in law,Was told that the visa would take about 4 to 8 weeks, but 14 weeks later we still hadn't heard anything. A CO has been allocated. CO requested medicals and other paper work , had meds done on 2 april 08 and they have been sent off we haven't heard anything more. As everything we own is still in OZ, my children go to school in oz, my son is in yr 9 and my daughter in yr 12, should be doing her VCE exams in Dec 08 and having missed 3 nearly 4 mths now is not good for them. Both my other sons have been granted their WHV (Working Holiday Visa) one has moved back to OZ to look after the house and the other is planning to go back soon. Does anyone have any advise/ suggestions for me. Or is anyone in/ been in this situation before. Thanks hope to hear from anyone.
If you don't have an agent, I would suggest talking to one. This is one of the cases that shows why "migrating" to Audtralia on a 457 is not recommended.
Old May 6th 2008, 3:37 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hope you here soon some one has to have been in the same situation could you have not applied for citizenship

there are some great agents on here that might be able to advise you search for Alan collett he is with Gomatilda or welsh tony

Good luck and i Hope your here very soon
Old May 6th 2008, 8:37 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hope you here soon some one has to have been in the same situation could you have not applied for citizenship

No they couldn't have done that because they were only temporary residents and never became permanent, it seems.
Old May 6th 2008, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

queenb is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Visa renewal after 5 Yrs in OZ

Hi everyone,
We are considering the 457 visa,as my husband has a possibility of employer sponsorship. We are a family of 5 with 3 children. The eldest 2 due to go for their unniversity. Anyone with any info for good unniversities in Perth?? My son looking to study for Maths and Economics degree and my daughter Graphic design degree, youngest is 8 to study in primary school.
Also under the 457, would we have to pay international fees or is there any form of help available to support us??
Also linda_AF, looking back at the beginning of your visa, what would you advise or have done that could have helped you now??
Again, any info or advise on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 7th 2008, 6:49 am
Just Joined

vivienc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by queenb
Hi everyone,
We are considering the 457 visa,as my husband has a possibility of employer sponsorship. We are a family of 5 with 3 children. The eldest 2 due to go for their unniversity. Anyone with any info for good unniversities in Perth?? My son looking to study for Maths and Economics degree and my daughter Graphic design degree, youngest is 8 to study in primary school.
Also under the 457, would we have to pay international fees or is there any form of help available to support us??
Also linda_AF, looking back at the beginning of your visa, what would you advise or have done that could have helped you now??
Again, any info or advise on this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi queenb,

There are a few universities in Perth. They include:

University of Western Australia (UWA)
Curtin University
Edith Cowan University
Murdoch University
University of Notre Dame

I am pretty sure they offer the degrees in Maths, Economics and Graphic Degsin. UWA is the oldest in Western Australia and one of the best in Australia.

With regards to the university fees, you would be paying international/overseas fees (http://britishexpats.com/wiki/457_Visa_Restrictions)

Hope this helps!