Wikiposts

Visa re-evidencing?

Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa re-evidencing?

Anyone had to do this recently? I'm on a Temp Spouse Visa, and have just had to get a new passport. I have the form to update DIMIA with the passport details, and thought I would find out about getting a new visa label for my passport.
I phoned the notorious DIMIA helpline, which told me they could make an appointment for me at the Brisbane office, they will notify me when the appointment has been made (it seems I have no say in day/time), and it will cost me $120! Now, maybe its just that I've been fed duff info by them before, but I don't entirely trust this advice.....

I'm tempted to just carry both passports for the next few months, but if anyone can offer the REAl story of getting a visa re-evidenced, I'd be glad to hear it?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 4:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa re-evidencing?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Anyone had to do this recently? I'm on a Temp Spouse Visa, and have just had to get a new passport. I have the form to update DIMIA with the passport details, and thought I would find out about getting a new visa label for my passport.
I phoned the notorious DIMIA helpline, which told me they could make an appointment for me at the Brisbane office, they will notify me when the appointment has been made (it seems I have no say in day/time), and it will cost me $120! Now, maybe its just that I've been fed duff info by them before, but I don't entirely trust this advice.....

I'm tempted to just carry both passports for the next few months, but if anyone can offer the REAl story of getting a visa re-evidenced, I'd be glad to hear it?
Doesn't sound right. They ought to be able to re-evidence it over the counter, especially if it's an onshore visa.

There's no fee to re-evidence a visa other than an RRV (and the $120 looks like the application fee for a new RRV - check form 990i).

Jeremy
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:13 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jeremy, the Helpline has lived up to its reputation again then!Thought $120 was a bit steep, especially as it is going to be (hopefully) replaced by my PR visa in February!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:39 pm
Home and Happy

Little update for anyone interested.

Took the new passport to the Brisbane DIMIA office yesterday. They print a new sticker at the reception counter and affix it to the new passport. If the passprot has a name change (eg marriage) then they need proof of the change (eg marriage certificate).
There is no charge and it took me a whole 5 minutes!