Visa quota!

Old May 26th 2005, 11:24 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa quota!

I think there's quite a few that dont update it, which is a shame...
Old May 26th 2005, 12:34 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just been having a look at austimeline, meds requests seem to be coming through in the usual time...
Old May 26th 2005, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

james_j will become famous soon enoughjames_j will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej
I've just been having a look at austimeline, meds requests seem to be coming through in the usual time...
Hope things are still going further...
Old May 26th 2005, 12:58 pm
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by james_j
Hope things are still going further...
So after 33 posts we are no closer to knowning if there is a delay in the processing... ;-)

Oh well at least it gives us somthing to read while the never ending wait continues.

T
Old May 26th 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Brian,

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that family stream visas (excluding parent visas) are capped whereas skilled visas aren't. In fact, it's quite the opposite!

Peter
Hi Peter,

It's certainly possibly that I'm wrong (hey, I'm not a migration agent, just a very interested participant in the process!), but the line I read in the planning levels fact sheet was the following:

"The delivery of a balanced Migration Program may require caps (or limits) to be placed on Parent or Other Family visa subclasses. (See Fact Sheet 21 Managing the Migration Program)."

To me this implied that family stream visa's are subject to capping, while it did not mention anything about capping of skilled migration visa classes. According to the "managing the migration program" fact sheet there are exceptions to the family stream capping, specifically spouses (subclasses 100/309 and 820/801), dependent children (subclasses 101 and 802), adopted child (subclass 102) and orphan unmarried relatives (subclass 117 and 837).

Please enlighten us if it is really true that DIMIA caps skilled migration programs and if you think that they may in fact be at that point now.

Cheers,
Brian
Old May 26th 2005, 1:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james_j
That's good, but charging cc is one thing and processing is other thing, as you saw...you can wait a long time after.
Don't they take the money regardless of what else is in the envelope. I just assumed they opened it up. Charged the card and then read the application ?
Old May 26th 2005, 2:38 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tops
So after 33 posts we are no closer to knowning if there is a delay in the processing... ;-)

Oh well at least it gives us somthing to read while the never ending wait continues.

T
I think this paragraph:

"Delivery of a balanced Migration Program in line with the Government's objectives requires careful management. When demand for places in the Migration Program exceeds the number of places available, a number of mechanisms are available to the Government, including capping and queue mechanisms, suspension of processing, priority processing and points test pass marks."

from Brian's link http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/21managing.htm sums it all up.

It may be that we are all worrying unnecessarily but as has been said many times in this thread already, things have definitely slowed down. Who's going to be brave enough to raise the question with DIMIA?
Old May 26th 2005, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Going by what I have read on the forum this time last year, and the year before, there is a slow down ain Skills visa grants as June 30th approaches. Skills visas are capped, and usually the whole number is used, hence the slowdown. Once July 1st comes, they start on the new year's quota.
I am sure that the agents commented to this effect in previous years.

Some figures for the amount of visas available are here -

http://www.immi.gov.au/statistics/st...ts/migrant.htm

and

http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/20planning.htm
Old May 26th 2005, 3:02 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Well I've bitten the bullet and emailed the statistics department to see if they can settle the debate. I don't hold out much hope of hearing anything as they probably only deal with historical data, but you never know. Watch this space.
Old May 26th 2005, 3:30 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't they take the money regardless of what else is in the envelope. I just assumed they opened it up. Charged the card and then read the application ?
That's for sure: first they take the money and after....is waiting.
Old May 26th 2005, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Visa quota!

yeah. with AUD1845, I guess we deserve some kind of Public Relation Department - which should have certain amount of access to our application status and general status about DIMIA.

that wouldn't hurt anyone and wouldn't disturb our lovely CO's.

Originally Posted by skywalker
That's for sure: first they take the money and after....is waiting.
Old May 26th 2005, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

jrankin is an unknown quantity at this point

We got a reply via our agents this week where the quote from the CO was

"The application has been assessed and all requirements met

The visas will be granted within the next few months"

We are trying to get an answer on whether this is an admin or a quota "DELAY". I will post again if I get a clear answer.

Timeline is Application early Feb 2005, Acknowledgement 23rd Feb, Meds and Police sent in late March unrequested but with case number attached.

We have been told that our visas will have an entry date condition of Feb 2006 (police check date) so as you can imagine we are keen to get certainty so we can get things going on the move.

I know this is not a complete set of facts but I'm just trying to help put together what the facts appear to be at the moment. Very frustrating !
Old May 27th 2005, 12:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teddy78
yeah. with AUD1845, I guess we deserve some kind of Public Relation Department - which should have certain amount of access to our application status and general status about DIMIA.

that wouldn't hurt anyone and wouldn't disturb our lovely CO's.
Do remember that to provide that sort of information, constantly updated to keep it current, would require a lot of staff resources, and financial input...... which in trun would probably increase the orice of the visa......
Old May 27th 2005, 1:54 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jrankin

!!!!!!
Old May 27th 2005, 6:01 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrankin
We got a reply via our agents this week where the quote from the CO was

What? few months...? Let's see if there are other applications with this kind of answer...I hope not.!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.