Visa quota!

Old May 25th 2005, 11:32 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa quota!

Originally Posted by wargod
Sounds a bit arse backwards? You'd think they'd verify the points before getting people to shell out hundreds of quid.

Still as long as there is progress........ !!!!!!
I did say final assessment - the process can take so long that things can change - and for the better too - or example, getting the extra points for a job......
Old May 25th 2005, 12:15 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I did say final assessment - the process can take so long that things can change - and for the better too - or example, getting the extra points for a job......

Note to self - read posts before commenting !!
Old May 25th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TheRossers
I'm convinced that's the case Rob. I started doing some work on timelines and will have to revisit it. I had my suspicions and said so on another thread. Looks like we could all have to wait until July now. When I looked at timelines previously they were really quick in July (after the changes). I'm sure someone posted a link to find out the quotas but I don't know if they showed how many had been used. Looks like we could all have a very tense couple of months.
This link might also help or not as the case may be.
http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/20planning_a.htm
I don't know about this. I do agree that there are broad "target" numbers that DIMIA are working towards with respect to skilled immigration (105000-110000 in 2003/2004 year as per the fact sheet), but the only visa classes that seem to have hard quota numbers on them look to be the contributory parent and aged parent type visas, which do have queues which you can check via DIMIA's web site. I read the above planning fact sheet and don't think it specifically states anything that would imply a stopage of visa grants based on a quota for skilled migration. Here's another fact sheet that seems more relevant and seems to only mention quota and queues for those "family" stream visas:

http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/21managing.htm

Anyway, I prefer to remain positive and believe that there is no hard quota system and that my visa WILL BE GRANTED prior to the end of June (which is the end of the planning year for DIMIA). Try to keep a positive outlook - all this gloom and doom doesn't really help anyone!

Cheers,
Brian
Old May 25th 2005, 2:47 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by brian0
I don't know about this. I do agree that there are broad "target" numbers that DIMIA are working towards with respect to skilled immigration (105000-110000 in 2003/2004 year as per the fact sheet), but the only visa classes that seem to have hard quota numbers on them look to be the contributory parent and aged parent type visas, which do have queues which you can check via DIMIA's web site. I read the above planning fact sheet and don't think it specifically states anything that would imply a stopage of visa grants based on a quota for skilled migration. Here's another fact sheet that seems more relevant and seems to only mention quota and queues for those "family" stream visas:

Anyway, I prefer to remain positive and believe that there is no hard quota system and that my visa WILL BE GRANTED prior to the end of June (which is the end of the planning year for DIMIA). Try to keep a positive outlook - all this gloom and doom doesn't really help anyone!

Cheers,
Brian
I agree with what you are saying Brian and the facts would certainly tie in with that fact sheet, which tallies with what we are all thinking - that they have neared the limit and they are now slowing things down or have capped things. I doubt very much if they would publish this fact. The only people who would be in the know would be the agents with their insider information. It does help to remain positive but I'm now resigning myself to the fact that we won't hear anything until July 1st and anything else will be a bonus.
Old May 25th 2005, 3:10 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheRossers
I agree with what you are saying Brian and the facts would certainly tie in with that fact sheet, which tallies with what we are all thinking - that they have neared the limit and they are now slowing things down or have capped things. I doubt very much if they would publish this fact. The only people who would be in the know would be the agents with their insider information. It does help to remain positive but I'm now resigning myself to the fact that we won't hear anything until July 1st and anything else will be a bonus.
To add my two pennies worth....

From what i am seeing the med requests are also slowing down - which seems daft to me?? I can understand slowing down (capping) the visa grants but to slow the entire process down...... ??????
Old May 25th 2005, 4:41 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Its good to read everyones views on the situation,

Rob

Originally Posted by wargod
To add my two pennies worth....

From what i am seeing the med requests are also slowing down - which seems daft to me?? I can understand slowing down (capping) the visa grants but to slow the entire process down...... ??????
Old May 25th 2005, 9:31 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian0
I read the above planning fact sheet and don't think it specifically states anything that would imply a stopage of visa grants based on a quota for skilled migration. Here's another fact sheet that seems more relevant and seems to only mention quota and queues for those "family" stream visas:

Brian,

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that family stream visas (excluding parent visas) are capped whereas skilled visas aren't. In fact, it's quite the opposite!

Peter
Old May 26th 2005, 1:59 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

I think the skilled stream hasn't reached the cap/limit yet. Some people just got their visa grant letters yesterday:

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=2183
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=2286
Old May 26th 2005, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

evila is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Are there less visa grants due to the DIMIA using its quota for the year? As i understand, the yearly quota ends June 30th!!!!

Is there normally a shed load of visa grants the first couple of weeks of July due to the new year quota?

Rob
My experience is completely the oposite (at least in 2004 when I got my PR)... when June 31 is near, DIMIA would start granting more visas to make sure they use up all the quota for that year.

Enri.-
Old May 26th 2005, 3:58 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by evila
My experience is completely the oposite (at least in 2004 when I got my PR)... when June 31 is near, DIMIA would start granting more visas to make sure they use up all the quota for that year.

Enri.-
Probably it's different this time around that the speedy post-july system had used up a big chunk. I'm just guessing..
Old May 26th 2005, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

did a small research from austimeline data for skilled independent between Nov 1 and today.

last grant activity on that site is May 17th.

no grant after that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
AusTimeLine001.zip (32.5 KB, 92 views)
Old May 26th 2005, 7:17 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teddy78
did a small research from austimeline data for skilled independent between Nov 1 and today.

no grant after that.
It's interesting, but not optimistic...
Old May 26th 2005, 9:44 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by teddy78

no grant after that.
Good work mate, sent you some karma for your efforts
Old May 26th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Steevie will become famous soon enoughSteevie will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Visa quota!

Just a quick thought:

Do they count visas issued to the total number in the application ?

ie a family of four count as 4 visas granted or only the main applicant is counted in the visa issues?

Steve
Old May 26th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks. according to the data, only 19% of Class 136 applicants have received pre-grant and grant letters.

but there may be ppl who haven't updated their status online.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.