Visa quota!

Old May 25th 2005, 6:21 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Visa quota!

Are there less visa grants due to the DIMIA using its quota for the year? As i understand, the yearly quota ends June 30th!!!!

Is there normally a shed load of visa grants the first couple of weeks of July due to the new year quota?

Rob
Old May 25th 2005, 7:28 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: Visa quota!

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Are there less visa grants due to the DIMIA using its quota for the year? As i understand, the yearly quota ends June 30th!!!!

Is there normally a shed load of visa grants the first couple of weeks of July due to the new year quota?

Rob
I'm convinced that's the case Rob. I started doing some work on timelines and will have to revisit it. I had my suspicions and said so on another thread. Looks like we could all have to wait until July now. When I looked at timelines previously they were really quick in July (after the changes). I'm sure someone posted a link to find out the quotas but I don't know if they showed how many had been used. Looks like we could all have a very tense couple of months.
This link might also help or not as the case may be.
http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/20planning_a.htm

Last edited by TheRossers; May 25th 2005 at 7:36 am. Reason: Extra info
Old May 25th 2005, 7:41 am
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may be right. Maybe agents could tell us something.
Old May 25th 2005, 8:29 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

How would that work then?

Do they just process the applications as far as they can and then grant, say, 5,000 visas on one day?
Old May 25th 2005, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agents : haven't u received any insider info upon this issue?
Old May 25th 2005, 8:56 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teddy78
Agents : haven't u received any insider info upon this issue?
Bump !!!
Old May 25th 2005, 8:59 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
How would that work then?

Do they just process the applications as far as they can and then grant, say, 5,000 visas on one day?

Although you'd still think that they would carry on requesting medicals etc as they already have 2005-2006 quota??
Old May 25th 2005, 9:00 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wargod
Bump !!!
Hi Guys

I am not an expert but I remember JAJ has posted couple of months ago on the quota. I don't think they will stop issuing the visas . Till we hear from reliable sources I would suggest not think in that direction .
I know its eay said . Hey its better than getting stressed isn't it.

cheers to you all
badri
Old May 25th 2005, 9:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wargod
Although you'd still think that they would carry on requesting medicals etc as they already have 2005-2006 quota??
Hope so...
Old May 25th 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

DIMIA still charging Credit cards till May 23 (according to austimeline.com)
Old May 25th 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

james_j will become famous soon enoughjames_j will become famous soon enough

DIMIA still charging Credit cards till May 23 (according to austimeline.com)
That's good, but charging cc is one thing and processing is other thing, as you saw...you can wait a long time after.
Old May 25th 2005, 10:03 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by james_j
That's good, but charging cc is one thing and processing is other thing, as you saw...you can wait a long time after.
During that time Support Workers will be working on your file - doing background checks etc (which is why you can get med/PCC requests even if you have not yet been allocated a CO) - I realised this from when I have spoken to them on the phone (which I have done fortnightly - and very helpful they have been too)

Once this has been done - your file is then passed on to a CO for final assessment of points and verification/finalisation.

Cas
Old May 25th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

see my timeline. I have delivered what he asked since May 5th. He said he was about to finalise the case on Apr 29th and he also said he would proceed to finalise my case once what he asked arrived.

now, it's been 20 days and no news. Don't know how busy they are there?
Old May 25th 2005, 11:12 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
During that time Support Workers will be working on your file - doing background checks etc (which is why you can get med/PCC requests even if you have not yet been allocated a CO) - I realised this from when I have spoken to them on the phone (which I have done fortnightly - and very helpful they have been too)

Once this has been done - your file is then passed on to a CO for final assessment of points and verification/finalisation.

Cas
Sounds a bit arse backwards? You'd think they'd verify the points before getting people to shell out hundreds of quid.

Still as long as there is progress........ !!!!!!
Old May 25th 2005, 11:23 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

see my timeline. I have delivered what he asked since May 5th. He said he was about to finalise the case on Apr 29th and he also said he would proceed to finalise my case once what he asked arrived.

now, it's been 20 days and no news. Don't know how busy they are there?
If there is a delay in the processing of cases, at what stage (or inbetween which stages) would this happen?

1: Obtaining DIMIA ack
2: Obtaining reference number
3: Meds & Pol Request
4: CO being assigned
5: Grant letter being issued

It seems the delay could happen anywhere or is it the case that if you have passed a certain point you wont be held up in the delay?

Thanks,

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.