VISA in the Passports!!! YAY

Old May 22nd 2004, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Tarryn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VISA in the Passports!!! YAY

Hi all

Just to let you know... visas are in the passports and we officially have our residency!

Great feeling!

All the best to everyone who is still waiting.

Funny story at the embassy collecting our visas. There was a couple there who got handed their passports with visa's. The first thing the gentleman said was "excuse me, but this visa expires".... the consular staff then undertook a lengthy explanation about the 5 year entry period and that they would only become Aus Citizens after two years living in the country... YIKES! Were shocked that people don't know things like this? Or maybe I am too harsh?

Anyway, all the best to everyone.

Thanks to all the advisors on the boards
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: VISA in the Passports!!! YAY

Originally posted by Tarryn
Hi all

Just to let you know... visas are in the passports and we officially have our residency!

Great feeling!

Funny story at the embassy collecting our visas. There was a couple there who got handed their passports with visa's. The first thing the gentleman said was "excuse me, but this visa expires".... the consular staff then undertook a lengthy explanation about the 5 year entry period and that they would only become Aus Citizens after two years living in the country... YIKES! Were shocked that people don't know things like this? Or maybe I am too harsh?

Really happy for you! yeah these people in the queue before you woulnt probably have Internet! oh well, they would also have a streee-free life I guess!!!

CONGRATS!

fabie
Old May 23rd 2004, 12:17 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be surprised how ignorant some people are. There is a brief explanation on how "permanent" PR visas are in the FAQs.

Congrats on getting your visas.

Peter
Old May 23rd 2004, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Great feeling!

Congrats, thats great news, i am sure you are relieved now.
Mark.