Visa options.. Please help!

Old Nov 13th 2013, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Visa options.. Please help!

Hi, I'll begin by saying I'm asking this question for a friend...
She has family in Perth, and her mum is applying onshore for visa subclass 804 (aged parent visa). She didn't realise that this one took 13 - 15 years to process. She's been told that she can't apply until her mum gets her visa (last remaining relative), and shes been told that they can't change it now to an 864 (contributory aged parent visa) because its already been submitted.
Does anyone have any advice or any idea what her options might be? They have no skills as such, and they wondered if there was some kind of sponsorship route they could look into..she's so so upset at the thought of not being able to see her mum for 15 years.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa options.. Please help!

I cannot think of any reason why your mother cannot make a new application for a contributory parent visa myself.

But note that the last remaining relative visa also has a 15 year wait or thereabouts. She certainly can see her mum, on tourist visas though.

You say "they" don't have any skills, who is "they"? Did you mean he or she or is there a partner? The partner, if there is one, would also have to have all relatives in Australia for last remaining relative visa.

If they (or he or she) is not in an occupation on the skilled occupations lists, then I expect there is currently no other visa options available. The only "sponsored" one would be the last remaining relative.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

She can go as a tourist quite easily.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I cannot think of any reason why your mother cannot make a new application for a contributory parent visa myself.

But note that the last remaining relative visa also has a 15 year wait or thereabouts. She certainly can see her mum, on tourist visas though.

You say "they" don't have any skills, who is "they"? Did you mean he or she or is there a partner? The partner, if there is one, would also have to have all relatives in Australia for last remaining relative visa.

If they (or he or she) is not in an occupation on the skilled occupations lists, then I expect there is currently no other visa options available. The only "sponsored" one would be the last remaining relative.
It's not my mum it's my friends, she said that the agency told her that it couldn't be changed now that it's been lodged.

'They' are my friend and her husband.

Thanks for the info, ill pass it on.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairart
It's not my mum it's my friends, she said that the agency told her that it couldn't be changed now that it's been lodged.

'They' are my friend and her husband.

Thanks for the info, ill pass it on.
Ok, then her husbands family would also need to be in Australia for last remaining relative, are they?

I didn't say the visa they lodged could be changed, I said i could see nothing to stop a new application.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, then her husbands family would also need to be in Australia for last remaining relative, are they?

I didn't say the visa they lodged could be changed, I said i could see nothing to stop a new application.
But then they have paid a few thousand AUD already I suppose they didn't want to just throw that away.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But then they have paid a few thousand AUD already I suppose they didn't want to just throw that away.
Well I am still not sure if they even qualify for remaining relative as that point about the husband needs to be considered, but as it takes such a long time anyway, this might not be something they want to consider anyway.

I think it is retraining or holidays.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

She's just told me that, they told the agency that he had a brother and nothing was said...
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not sure if they're too old for re training, she's 45, he's 51
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure if they're too old for re training, she's 45, he's 51
Then yes I would say they are. Unfortunately, I think this move isn't going to happen for them.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Then yes I would say they are. Unfortunately, I think this move isn't going to happen for them.
Not looking good is it...mind you she said the agency involved knew how desperate they all were to be together...
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She's just told me that, they told the agency that he had a brother and nothing was said...
A brother in UK? Well I am afraid it does matter very much, it would mean they don't qualify. The agency being a bit slow there, I expect it not a particularly common visa.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Not looking good is it...mind you she said the agency involved knew how desperate they all were to be together...
Unfortunately desperation doesn't get visas.

Your friend needs to read http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/115.aspx and all the links from it. I honestly can't see remaining relative being an option, unless her husband's family are also in Aus.

And yes, if her mum applies for the second visa she will have to pay again.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Get a tourist visa and then change it to a bridging visa when you get out there. 15-16 years to get a parent visa, but as long as you can support them, then its all good. I have to do this with my MIL and FIL. I was advised by my migration agent to do it this way, otherwise I would have to wait until their visas has been done before I got mine. In fairness, my in-laws are in their 70's, so could both be in a box in 16 years time.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Tourist visa is about $110...bridging is free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.