Visa options....

Old Sep 14th 2010, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

cbatson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa options....

Hi All,

I used to use this site when I lived in Dubai and it was super helpful so I am hoping for the same success here.

I have checked out the skilled worker lists and I don't think I am eligible for anything (I am a transaction banking relationship manager.)

Does this mean that I need to find an employer who will be willing to sponsor me for a visa? Ideally I would eventually like my immigration to be permanent but this is where it all gets a bit fuzzy for me. Do I need to find an employer to sponsor me for a permanent visa straight away, or can I come in on a shorter term visa that requires less sponsorship? When I filled out the visa questionnaire on the internet it just told me that no visas applied, which got me really worries as there is no way I can stay in this cold grey country for too many more years!!!!

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 14th 2010, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa options....

If your occupation is not on the skills list and assuming you do not qualify for any of the non-skills related visas (e.g. Partner visa, last remaining relative are not relevant), then yes employer sponsored would seem to be all that is left. However there are lists for employer sponsored too, employers cannot sponsor for any job. So you need to check these lists, there is one for the permanent visas and one for the 457 temporary visas. If you are on the 457 list only, what I am not clear on is if this can ever lead to PR.

Unfortunately not everybody does qualify for a visa to Australia.