British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Visa Lodged today - anyone elses? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/visa-lodged-today-anyone-elses-298792/)

vb2 Apr 25th 2005 10:38 am

Visa Lodged today - anyone elses?

Hi guys our agent has informed us that he has sent our Designated Area Sponsored visa application via fedex today! What a relief - now we play the waiting game!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else had sent their visa apps off recently or are about to and would like to follow each others progress ie. timescales etc?

regards

vb2

paulb Apr 25th 2005 11:39 am

Re: Visa Lodged today - anyone elses?

Originally Posted by vb2
Hi guys our agent has informed us that he has sent our Designated Area Sponsored visa application via fedex today! What a relief - now we play the waiting game!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else had sent their visa apps off recently or are about to and would like to follow each others progress ie. timescales etc?

regards

vb2

Took my 136 visa application to UPS depot on Saturday, but I dont think it will be sent until today. Tried to track it but nothing showing.

Paul

vb2 Apr 26th 2005 8:24 am

Fingers crossed for us both hey!!

good luck

vb2

Originally Posted by paulb
Took my 136 visa application to UPS depot on Saturday, but I dont think it will be sent until today. Tried to track it but nothing showing.

Paul

Tops Apr 26th 2005 8:48 am

Originally Posted by vb2

regards

vb2

Hi vb2,

Well done on getting your application this far. Yes it is a wating game, and as you will soon realise while your application maybe similar to many others, each case is unique and therefore may have different processing times to others.

The best place to get an idea is on Timeline or by looking at the signatures of people posting to this forum.

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/aus/opener.jsp

You can create your own timeline to keep others informed and to keep yourself sane! ;-)

All the best.

T

paulb Apr 26th 2005 10:35 am

Originally Posted by vb2
Fingers crossed for us both hey!!

good luck

vb2

HAVENT HEARD NOTHING YET HOW ABOUT YOU????

vb2 Apr 26th 2005 11:35 am

lol no me neither - still waiting!!!

Originally Posted by paulb
HAVENT HEARD NOTHING YET HOW ABOUT YOU????

vb2 Apr 26th 2005 11:37 am

thanks for that i shall have a nosey - i think the waiting is the most nerve wracking bit! always worrying that something will go wrong - but then hey thats me all over.
take care
vb2

Originally Posted by Tops
Hi vb2,

Well done on getting your application this far. Yes it is a wating game, and as you will soon realise while your application maybe similar to many others, each case is unique and therefore may have different processing times to others.

The best place to get an idea is on Timeline or by looking at the signatures of people posting to this forum.

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/aus/opener.jsp

You can create your own timeline to keep others informed and to keep yourself sane! ;-)

All the best.

T

pata Apr 26th 2005 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by vb2

regards

vb2

Hi,
My 136 visa application has just gone this afternoon.
Talk about stress levels...
Fed Ex man was tapping his foot in my living room as I was still numbering pages!!
Such a last minute rush I feel I must have forgotten something!
It should arrive exactly one week before my 45th birthday!!
Does anyone know?...What happens next, does DIMIA acknowledge lodging of the application?
I am anxious to know that its been safely lodged before the dreaded date occurs!!

Kuntralal Apr 26th 2005 6:58 pm

Sent ours on Saturday, they received it in Washington on Monday morning. No tracking info on the return package yet. Fingers crossed...

Originally Posted by vb2

regards

vb2

vb2 Apr 28th 2005 8:14 am

hiya thanks for your reply - and good luck with your application too - know what you mean about the stress levels!! i felt as though my head was about to explode - and i used an agent!!
nevertheless, i believe you are notified via email (or other) that the package has been received etc. if you dont - check your credit card statements as the fee is usually charged between 2 - 4 weeks of delivery - therefore a good indicator too!
good luck
vb2

Originally Posted by pata
Hi,
My 136 visa application has just gone this afternoon.
Talk about stress levels...
Fed Ex man was tapping his foot in my living room as I was still numbering pages!!
Such a last minute rush I feel I must have forgotten something!
It should arrive exactly one week before my 45th birthday!!
Does anyone know?...What happens next, does DIMIA acknowledge lodging of the application?
I am anxious to know that its been safely lodged before the dreaded date occurs!!

rockpeblar Apr 28th 2005 11:45 am

We sent our application via DHL last Wednesday afternoon and it arrived in Adelaide yesterday morning.

Received an e-mail this morning from DIMIA with our case number.

Need to wait now for the meds/PCC request.

paulb Apr 28th 2005 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
We sent our application via DHL last Wednesday afternoon and it arrived in Adelaide yesterday morning.

Thats great that you got a case number so soon. I have booked the kids meds for next week and wait for a case number before booking ours. My application is en route, currently in Victoria, so at least it is in the right country.

vb2 Apr 29th 2005 8:54 am

wow that was quick!! i am in two minds whether or not to start thinking of booking medicals - but dont want to tempt fate if you know what i mean - not too sure what to do but i will sleep on it!!

vb2

Originally Posted by rockpeblar

paulb Apr 29th 2005 9:54 am

Originally Posted by vb2
wow that was quick!! i am in two minds whether or not to start thinking of booking medicals - but dont want to tempt fate if you know what i mean - not too sure what to do but i will sleep on it!!

vb2

My application has been signed for in Adelaide. PHEW!

Rooksie Apr 29th 2005 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by vb2

regards

vb2

who is your agent please?

have sent you good luck karma.