Visa Limits

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

quokka2008 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Limits

Hi Guys,

Another question....

Is there a limit on how many visa's are issued per year?

If so, is it best to apply in January, when I assume the limit is bought back to nil?

Quokka x
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:03 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Visa Limits

Originally Posted by quokka2008
Hi Guys,

Another question....

Is there a limit on how many visa's are issued per year?

If so, is it best to apply in January, when I assume the limit is bought back to nil?

Quokka x
Hi Quokka

We are applying for a Contributory Parent Visa and they year runs from 1st July to 30th June and we was about to get our in January when they reached the quota so now have to wait till July to get it - what a bummer!!!!

Not sure about the other visas and when the year starts.
What visa are you applying for.

Then got to sell the house

Caz
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:10 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Quokka

We are applying for a Contributory Parent Visa and they year runs from 1st July to 30th June and we was about to get our in January when they reached the quota so now have to wait till July to get it - what a bummer!!!!

Not sure about the other visas and when the year starts.
What visa are you applying for.

Then got to sell the house

Caz
Some visas have quota limits and some dont. If a visa does have a quota limit the program year in all cases is 1st July to 30th June which incidentaly are the same dates as the Australian tax year.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Some visas have quota limits and some dont. If a visa does have a quota limit the program year in all cases is 1st July to 30th June which incidentaly are the same dates as the Australian tax year.
IN addition, if you are applying for a visa and the quota is filled before the end of the year, they don't refuse you, they merely hold up granting the visa until the new year.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
IN addition, if you are applying for a visa and the quota is filled before the end of the year, they don't refuse you, they merely hold up granting the visa until the new year.
Thanks, I read on this forum that there is only 200 visa's issued per year for the interdepency visa...I assume thats only for British residence?? I was worried that if a limit had been reached they would refuse you and keep your registration fee!!

Thinking about it...200 is not that many?? what happens if there are 800 applicants...does that mean i'd have to wait 4 years??????eeek
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:29 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I read on this forum that there is only 200 visa's issued per year for the interdepency visa...I assume thats only for British residence?? I was worried that if a limit had been reached they would refuse you and keep your registration fee!!

Thinking about it...200 is not that many?? what happens if there are 800 applicants...does that mean i'd have to wait 4 years??????eeek
Have to see that in my years on the forum I've never heard of any of the spouse classes being full before the end of the year. Yours is one of the more unusual visa types, and I'm sure you'll be fine. Its more the skills visas which seem to slow down towards the end of June.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:51 am
Home and Happy

By the look of the figures, there is one figure for ALL spouse classes combined.
http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...planning_a.htm
has the most recent info I can find quickly - I'm sure 2008 planning levels are there somewhere though!!
Whether they actually stop granting visas if they hoit the planning level for Spouse visas I'm niot sure. They do take a more lenient view of such things as medicals when it comes to the Spouse class, so the same maybe true with the planning levels.

Either way, I don't think you need to worry
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it...200 is not that many?? what happens if there are 800 applicants...does that mean i'd have to wait 4 years?

They set the planning level at 200 because they don't expect 800 applications.

If for some reason they got 800, they would need to look at the planning level for next year and decide either to increase the numbers or tighten up the requirements in some way.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

thanks for putting my mind to rest.....you guys are really helpful