ENS 856 Visa

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:24 am
Just Joined

mull2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS 856 Visa

Hi Guys,

A few questions in relation to this visa. I am a qualified accountant (ACCA). I have been working for my employer for the last 12 months (457 visa) but have not reached the threshold of two years on a qualifying visa.

I have had my skills assessed as suitable for migration by CA australia, this was done with the intention of applyng for GSM. Is this same skills assessment suitable for 856 visa application?

Second of all my role is pretty varied but is probably best compared to finance manager or tax accountant. How to DIAC verify that you are working in this position or does the letter of nomination suffice?

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS 856 Visa

Yes it is the same skills assessment.

If your employer is willing, why don't you just ask them to sponsor you as accountant (general), that is on the ENSOL and covers a multitude of sins.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

mull2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS 856 Visa

Thanks for your reply. That is great news that I can use the same skills assessment.

I didn't realise general accountant was still on the list. For some reason I was checking the list last week and the only ones I could see were external/internal auditor, Finance manager and Tax accountant.

This visa almost sounds too good to be true. So initially all I need is nomination by employer, skills assessment, passport and all that jazz?

Things are looking up now :-)