Wikiposts

Visa Help Please??????????

Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Help Please??????????

My partner and I really want residency for oz. We have already been there on a holiday visa and loved it. We are in a de facto relationship however neither of us seem to have enough points, I am a marketing executive, with a degree and masters and am 5 points short, he is structural CAD technician, but basically works as an engineer. (however is not qualified engineer) He has a first cousin in Perth but this does not fall into the designated sponsor area.
He is well short on points if he falls under civil engineering technician or engineering assoicate, has anyone any advice for us
we really want this and are so frustrated
when we were in oz, we both had no problem getting work, my partner was on very good money and was contstantly getting calls for work, however he didnt look for sponsorship when we were there
thanks for your help
Barbs
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:12 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa Help Please??????????

Originally posted by barbs
My partner and I really want residency for oz. We have already been there on a holiday visa and loved it. We are in a de facto relationship however neither of us seem to have enough points, I am a marketing executive, with a degree and masters and am 5 points short, he is structural CAD technician, but basically works as an engineer. (however is not qualified engineer) He has a first cousin in Perth but this does not fall into the designated sponsor area.
He is well short on points if he falls under civil engineering technician or engineering assoicate, has anyone any advice for us
we really want this and are so frustrated
when we were in oz, we both had no problem getting work, my partner was on very good money and was contstantly getting calls for work, however he didnt look for sponsorship when we were there
thanks for your help
Barbs
Hi Barbs

were you aware that you can get an extra 5 points by investing $100,000 with the government for one year? This could solve your problem.

Or alternativly of your partner has his skills assessed he could potentially give some extra points to the application.

It would be worth getting yourselves assessed by an agent to find out if there is anywhere else you could raise some points.

good luck

Mel
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Mel,

not sure if we would have the money to invest, and even with getting the extra 5 points im still 5 points short!!!

thanks though
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:30 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Mel,

not sure if we would have the money to invest, and even with getting the extra 5 points im still 5 points short!!!

thanks though
I know that if your partner satisfies the basic requirements (even if he does not pass the points test) then you will get an extra 15 points. Could this help you?

Mel
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

are you sure about this, I thought it was 5 points, he does pass the basic requirements
Old Aug 18th 2003, 3:36 am
Hussy

are you sure about this, I thought it was 5 points, he does pass the basic requirements
check out booklet 6 on the dimia website (www.immi.gov.au) as this is where I got my information from. I'm pretty sure it's 15 points

Mel
Old Aug 18th 2003, 3:38 am
Hussy

Originally posted by mika24me
check out booklet 6 on the dimia website (www.immi.gov.au) as this is where I got my information from. I'm pretty sure it's 15 points

Mel
Hi

I have just double checked. The self assesment form on p31 says you get 15 points if your partner passed the basic requirements.

http://dima.cardgate.net/General_Ski...tion/1119.pdf#

I hope this helps you

Mel
Old Aug 18th 2003, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Mel,

this is only if you are being sponsored by australian family member (australian sponsored categories)
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Mel,

see page 38 on book 6 and page 41
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:15 am
Hussy

Mel,

see page 38 on book 6 and page 41
Oh Barbs, I am sorry if I got your hopes up. I totally read the booklet wrong

does the 5 points for spouse skills help you any?

Mel
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Im still 5 points short!!!
dont worry easy mistake to make, Im really beginning to wonder if there is any hope for us
thanks though
Old Aug 18th 2003, 9:44 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Visa Help Please??????????

Have you included spouse skill points in your calculation? Or bonus
points for capital investment/Australian work experience? Or the
possibility of state nomination from SA, Vic or Tasmania?

If your husband's cousin does not live in a designated area, then he
cannot sponsor at all.

You should consider speaking to a competent agent who may be able to
advise further on details.

Jeremy

>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:04:35 +0000, barbs <[email protected]> wrote:
    >My partner and I really want residency for oz. We have already been
    >there on a holiday visa and loved it. We are in a de facto relationship
    >however neither of us seem to have enough points, I am a marketing
    >executive, with a degree and masters and am 5 points short, he is
    >structural CAD technician, but basically works as an engineer. (however
    >is not qualified engineer) He has a first cousin in Perth but this does
    >not fall into the designated sponsor area.
    >He is well short on points if he falls under civil engineering
    >technician or engineering assoicate, has anyone any advice for us
    >we really want this and are so frustrated
    >when we were in oz, we both had no problem getting work, my partner was
    >on very good money and was contstantly getting calls for work, however
    >he didnt look for sponsorship when we were there
    >thanks for your help
    >Barbs
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction