Visa help NSW 190 / 489

Old Jan 25th 2019, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Nunez20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa help NSW 190 / 489

Hi all,

I have been looking to move to Australia as we have family in NSW. I did some research then talked to a few agents to see how to proceed. One recommended a 190 route and the other 489 with a score of 70 and 80 respectively.

The closest to my job role is a corporate service manager which is showing on the main website as a skilled job. But I was doing some further reading tonight to see what needs to be done but when I click into the NSW section that role no longer shows.

Does that mean I can’t apply for NSW? Or am I missing something?

is the process to follow if I do this without an agent:

Pay for a skills assessment and English test. Once passed then apply for EOI and wait for an invite. Then apply for the overall visa if invited, then look at the medical and police check? Then wait for the final decision?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 26th 2019, 2:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help NSW 190 / 489

Originally Posted by Nunez20
Hi all,

I have been looking to move to Australia as we have family in NSW. I did some research then talked to a few agents to see how to proceed. One recommended a 190 route and the other 489 with a score of 70 and 80 respectively.

The closest to my job role is a corporate service manager which is showing on the main website as a skilled job. But I was doing some further reading tonight to see what needs to be done but when I click into the NSW section that role no longer shows.

Does that mean I can’t apply for NSW? Or am I missing something?

is the process to follow if I do this without an agent:

Pay for a skills assessment and English test. Once passed then apply for EOI and wait for an invite. Then apply for the overall visa if invited, then look at the medical and police check? Then wait for the final decision?

Thanks in advance
If your occupation is only available for 190 / 489 then you need to be sponsored by state / territory and they each have their own lists and criteria. If your occupation is not on NSW lists then you cannot seek sponsorship there.
Old Jan 26th 2019, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If your occupation is only available for 190 / 489 then you need to be sponsored by state / territory and they each have their own lists and criteria. If your occupation is not on NSW lists then you cannot seek sponsorship there.
thanks for the info, can I still apply but just don’t get the points for the sponsorship? Or just can’t apply at all? My wife’s sister lives in NSW and I think she can sponsor us?
Old Jan 26th 2019, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

I have done more reading, if I apply for a 189 visa my job is on the skills list and I would score 70 but not sure that is enough to be accepted.

If if I apply for a 489 I can use my sister in law as a family sponsor to get an extra 10 points. But then as mentioned above for a 489 my job is not on the NSW lists.

Any help is appreciated
Old Jan 26th 2019, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good read of the latest EoI draws. 70 points may now be enough for a 189 - it wasn't for a good while - though you may be in a very long line.

Think strategically. The main point is that you get in, if that means you have to live somewhere else first before angling a transfer to NSW once you are are an unrestricted PR, so be it.

Where is the family in NSW?
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I have done more reading, if I apply for a 189 visa my job is on the skills list and I would score 70 but not sure that is enough to be accepted.

If if I apply for a 489 I can use my sister in law as a family sponsor to get an extra 10 points. But then as mentioned above for a 489 my job is not on the NSW lists.

Any help is appreciated
Are you sure? List I looked at had corporate services manager on the STSOL not the MLTSSOL. To apply for a 189 or family sponsored 489, the occupation must be on the MLTSSOL.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Are you sure? List I looked at had corporate services manager on the STSOL not the MLTSSOL. To apply for a 189 or family sponsored 489, the occupation must be on the MLTSSOL.
sorry, yes you are right that role is not a 189. The only two roles I can apply for is corporate general manager and corporate service manager. Neither seem to be wanted in NSW.

Really not sure if I will be eligible, our family live in manly NSW, checked on the family sponsored route but don’t think manly is in the correct post code.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 11:33 pm

sorry, yes you are right that role is not a 189. The only two roles I can apply for is corporate general manager and corporate service manager. Neither seem to be wanted in NSW.

Really not sure if I will be eligible, our family live in manly NSW, checked on the family sponsored route but don’t think manly is in the correct post code.
You cannot go the family sponsored route if your occupation is only on the STSOL.

For a 190 visa, you need to live in the sponsoring state for 2 years - after that you can move anywhere if you choose.
For a 489, you need to live and work in a regional area for 2 years before applying for PR.

Obviously you want to be near family but if NSW is not sponsoring then your choices would be to look elsewhere in Australia, wait and see if an update to the NSW lists adds your occupation, or give up now and settle for holidaying only.