Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Recognition of Prior Learning - Non ICT Diploma Candidate

Recognition of Prior Learning - Non ICT Diploma Candidate

Old Nov 10th 2017, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Palzhani81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Recognition of Prior Learning - Non ICT Diploma Candidate

Hello Everyone ,

I am looking for ideas and outcome of the Skill Assesment in ACS under Recognition of Prior Learning - Non ICT Diploma Candidate .

1. Education : 3 Year Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engg -Completed Year 2000 ( Do not have any other graduation)
2.Total Experience in IT Industry since 16 Years and 7 Months From 2001 Mar - 2017 Nov all in Windows\Email System Administration\Consultant - All Experience are in Fulltime .
3. Age 36 Years

I would Like to understand the below points before applying for Assessment with ACS

1.How Many years of experience they will deduct and what will be the consideration and points .
2. Will i Gain points for both my education based on RPL and my Experience .
3 Possibilities for positive result on EOI and visa (With RPL Skill Assesment) ?
4.Need advice for filling the RPL From , what is the main consideration in preparing Section Area
1. The Key Areas of Knowledge – Section 1
2. The Project Report Forms – Section 2
5. Possible points calculation for my RPL and Experience after deduction
Old Nov 11th 2017, 1:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recognition of Prior Learning - Non ICT Diploma Candidate

Originally Posted by Palzhani81
Hello Everyone ,

I am looking for ideas and outcome of the Skill Assesment in ACS under Recognition of Prior Learning - Non ICT Diploma Candidate .

1. Education : 3 Year Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engg -Completed Year 2000 ( Do not have any other graduation)
2.Total Experience in IT Industry since 16 Years and 7 Months From 2001 Mar - 2017 Nov all in Windows\Email System Administration\Consultant - All Experience are in Fulltime .
3. Age 36 Years

I would Like to understand the below points before applying for Assessment with ACS

1.How Many years of experience they will deduct and what will be the consideration and points .
2. Will i Gain points for both my education based on RPL and my Experience .
3 Possibilities for positive result on EOI and visa (With RPL Skill Assesment) ?
4.Need advice for filling the RPL From , what is the main consideration in preparing Section Area
1. The Key Areas of Knowledge – Section 1
2. The Project Report Forms – Section 2
5. Possible points calculation for my RPL and Experience after deduction
Before you start on this process, what would be your occupation code? Is it on the skills lists, and what visas would you be able to apply for?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks Old Sparkles for your response ,

Occupation code is - systems administrator 262113 under (Short-term Skilled Occupation List
)
Visa type is :Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream
Old Nov 11th 2017, 5:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Old Sparkles for your response ,

Occupation code is - systems administrator 262113 under (Short-term Skilled Occupation List
)
Visa type is :Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream
I don't believe you can use a short term skill for a 189 visa but could be used for the 190 or temporary 489 visas I think. Not sure if any states or territories are sponsoring the occupation, do you have any close family in Australia?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 6:13 am
Just Joined

No I dont have any relative living in Australia , Is i possible using the Job code 263111 computer network and systems engineer under Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List fro 189 . kindly Advice
Old Nov 11th 2017, 6:23 am

No I dont have any relative living in Australia , Is i possible using the Job code 263111 computer network and systems engineer under Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List fro 189 . kindly Advice
I can't advise you on your occupation - only you know what work you do, and if you that matches an occupation code.

ACS have information on all the roles and responsibilities of an occupation code on their website so you can check and see there.

If it does not, you would need to check all the states to see if any are sponsoring the other occupation code - there is no point spending time and money on an RPL assessment if not.