Visa help?

Old Jul 9th 2018, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Chrismck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa help?

Hey I'm new to the forum!
I'm looking a bit of info on if I would be able to get back into oz and what visa I could get ?
I was in oz 3 years ago on a WHV.
now me an my girlfriend is looking to go to oz together but I don't know if I can get back in, I'm a qualified refrigeration & air con engineer and my girlfriend is a qualified nurse could we apply for a skilled visa or any other visas?
any info will be welcomed thanks
Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...ed-occupations
Old Jul 12th 2018, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chrismck
I'm a qualified refrigeration & air con engineer and my girlfriend is a qualified nurse could we apply for a skilled visa or any other visas?
any info will be welcomed thanks
Both of these occupation / fields are on a number of the skilled visa occupations in demand lists, therefore you might look at the skilled visas. Assuming you meet the qualification, work experience and other selection criteria (which may vary depending upon which visa you are looking at) you may be able to apply for one of the skilled visas.
Old Jul 12th 2018, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is she just your girlfriend or is she a de facto partner ?

This matters because if de facto then you can go on on the same application with one of you as the main applicant and one as a dependent. If not you will both need to get your own visas.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 12:48 am
Just Joined

WilliamL is an unknown quantity at this point

You have a few options, not sure what you worked as when you were in OZ but if the company is willing the subclass 482 may be an option.

Else you'll need to consider general skilled migration. Your occupation is on the MLTSSL and is assessed by the TRA so you'll have to check if you meet the minimum requirements in terms of academic qualifications and work experience.

If you do then great! You would qualify for the subclass 189, 190 and 489 visas which gives you multiple options.

Cheers.