Visa help

Old May 30th 2018, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Jen80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa help

Hi
I am looking for advice on which visa to apply for. I am a transport company manager with over 10 years experience and my husband is a glazier with over 5 years experience albeit part time.

my type of job is on the short term list meaning after 2 years we would have to leave australia. My husband's is on the long term list however he is already 45 years old so too old?

What recommendations do people have to enable us to get a visa and be eligible for PR?

Should we apply via me and while there I retrain in something else on the long term list? Is that possible?

Or do we apply as students? If so can we only work part time? Once qualifued Can I apply for PR?

any advice would be appreciated.
Old May 30th 2018, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa help

From what you have posted, you do not have reasonable prospects of being granted PR.
Studying in Australia is not recommended as a pathway to PR, even by Australian immigration.
You would be well advised to assess your age and relevant work experience at the time you would expect to complete a relevant qualification in Australia and see where this leaves you.