visa help

Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

jonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura aboutjonesa80 has a spectacular aura about
Default visa help

Hi everyone this is my first post on this forum.

We are seriously considering likely many of you quitting blighty and running away to the sunshine.......and our dream is Australia.

I am have spent sometime looking through various websites and it appears we probably wont qualify to migrate due to a lack of points...but I wondering if there is any other possible or should we focus our ideas on Spain.

I'm 28 British recently married to a Slovak lady 33. We both work as cabin crew which isnt listed on the skills list. I have a GNVQ in Business Advanced and previous years sales experience in selling mobile phones + some account management work.

My wife speaks various languages English, slovak, czech, spanish.

Weve actually never been to Oz and dont have family there but the lifestyle is exactly what we want and an ideal place for a future family.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriecated.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa help

You can try for a State sponsorship visa if your skill is listed in the State skills list .You will have to go through the list available in every state website .This way you will qualify even if your points are close to 100 .
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

talara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonesa80
Weve actually never been to Oz and dont have family there but the lifestyle is exactly what we want and an ideal place for a future family.
You cannot know the lifestyle is exactly what you want if you have never been there.

It does not sound like you would be able to get in under the skilled migration programme given your occupations.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie_explorer
You can try for a State sponsorship visa if your skill is listed in the State skills list .You will have to go through the list available in every state website .This way you will qualify even if your points are close to 100 .
I don't think points is really the issue. The real show stopper is that the OP and partner are not working in a job on the SOL / ENSOL. This means skilled migration is out unless one retrains.